Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carpc ; Webcam Addition

MrADeveci

Well, as some of you know about my CarPC Project (http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=26984&hl) I have been wanting to add the reverse camera for some while now, and never got round to it.

Well, I still haven't got round to it, however I decided to have a play with the record function embedded into my front end (CentraFuse)

I'm using the Logitech Fusion Camera, and tried this out for testing ................

It's really easy to use, and you just click once to record, and once to stop.

It records the movie straight to the hard disk, using DIVX 6 codec .......... fantastic !

If those boys in the states make all the movies, why can't we ? B)

Right Click, Save As ........... HERE

(it's 6MB in size) .... enjoy !

Good stuff mate! I'd really like to fit cameras around the car to help with accidents, but this is a much better use :D

Wasn't sure if you were going to follow that ambulance through the red light there - you're supposed to stop behind the cyclist box aren't you? :P

Wasn't sure if you were going to follow that ambulance through the red light there - you're supposed to stop behind the cyclist box aren't you? :P

One law for us... and another law for... :tomato:

Interesting idea for the use of the CarPC anyway :)

you're supposed to stop behind the cyclist box aren't you? :P
Nah, not on Sundays ............ :lol:
That's one sweet setup, all you need is the 640 res webcam, and wifi or 3g data card, and you can have scarface's live car webcam 24/7..heheheh
Yep, mate it's soo much better than last nights setup ... it's all embedded now ! :)
One law for us... and another law for... :tomato:
Yep, and you're just jealous :D

Poor frame rate though, is it only 10 - 15 fps ?? You definatly need something a bit better else you will be missing out on the details :)
It's on 15 fps mate ....... the camera should be capable of more, but the software reckons it's not !

I think the camera is boosted with the logitech software, and not hardware !

Poor frame rate though, is it only 10 - 15 fps ?? You definatly need something a bit better else you will be missing out on the details :)

It's on 15 fps mate ....... the camera should be capable of more, but the software reckons it's not !

I think the camera is boosted with the logitech software, and not hardware !

Yup, guessed so... if you get one which gives you full fps you will definatly notice the diference ;)

Looks great!! :D

Well Done Ahmet!

I felt like I was watching one of those police chase videos! You after the Ambulance! :lol:

DO you have any pics of it running embedding in Centrafuse?

I'll take some pictures for you ....

It's actually a software called "Capture!" .... and I have embdeded that into Centrafuse ! :D

Nice 1 SF B) .....you could have let the oldtimer on the road crossed!!...by the looks of it, is it on the passenger sun visor?
Yes it was...... :)
he was speeding :D
I call it progessive driving ........ :D