Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taxes, Taxes And Even More Taxes

peter026

:angry: Bugs in wheelie bins.............Fined if you recycle too little............Fined if you recycle too much, will some one tell us what is the right amount, or is it depending on if the council is flush or not that particular week

Plate tax...........when you eat out not only do you pay 17.5% on the bill, but now the government are thinking of bringing in a plate tax of 10% on top of the !7.5% VAT so your meal is going to cost even more, and don't forget a lot of restaurants also levy a 10% gratuity as well. More eateries closing down methinks.

The government are now thinking of giving up pursuing non car tax payers, and instead increase the tax as it is easier to cane the law abiding motorist, than to pursue the non payers.

At this rate, unless I get rid of my cars, and get a horse and cart ( Then they will find some excuse to heavily tax that as well), Stop eating out, and watch what I recycle, at the end of the month about 80% of my hard earned money will go to keep this Government and Tony Blair's illegal imports in a manner to which I would like to be kept in.

Blair's imports get free housing, free driving lessons, jump the queue for NHS treatment, no council tax payments, and all manner of freebies.

The result of this mess is: Our armed forces have not the correct, or inferior equipment, to fight, albeit the Government no doubt call it preserving the peace, in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One minister even said they will be in and out in weeks without a shot being fired, what a d*ckhead.

Our NHS is falling apart at the seams, too many managers and new departments Too much money spent on a new computer system that is already years behind and is fraught with mistakes.

If the Government listened to the troops on the ground, ( so to speak) they would do much better and possibly save themselves £millions. Instead they bring in some cronie, who no doubt gave the party a backhander, pay him an exorbitant fee to look into ways of improving the armed forces and the NHS

He spends 3 years looking into it, another 3 or 4 implementing, if it is passed by Parliament, that is.

All is needed, is to ask the people at the sharp end, after all they are the ones who know the armed forces and NHS the best.

Even our very own Mat could tell you what is wrong and the best way to put things halfway right.

As someone once said the oil is in the North sea but the dipsticks are in Westminster

Rant over, but it really annoys me that now I have to work 7 months of the year before I can call my money my own, sorry next year it maybe 9

we dont pay enough tax in this country,compared to europe.NHS will hopefully go private and then hopefully people can then all stop having a stab at a system which is only just running on the basis of doctors/nurses and other health trained proffs coming from other countries to keep it going,if they all left it would crumble the UK overnight.Blairs imports as you say do the jobs you wouldnt and no other British citizen would,so im greatful to them and wish them luck in their quest for success.If you wanna pay less tax,go to the states and see what community is over there.Shoot down tax and there cant be a welfare system and soon enough people will be killing each other to get money.

we dont pay enough tax in this country,compared to europe.NHS will hopefully go private and then hopefully people can then all stop having a stab at a system which is only just running on the basis of doctors/nurses and other health trained proffs coming from other countries to keep it going,if they all left it would crumble the UK overnight.Blairs imports as you say do the jobs you wouldnt and no other British citizen would,so im greatful to them and wish them luck in their quest for success.If you wanna pay less tax,go to the states and see what community is over there.Shoot down tax and there cant be a welfare system and soon enough people will be killing each other to get money.

hmm not quite......

dont get me started on Blair, and labour, certainly since sept 11 they have lost a grip on reality, as a result the country has plumeted.

regards iraq and afganistan...... :tsktsk:

unfortunatly, theres no one to replace them...and we have brown coming soon aswell........oh no!

Edited by Monster-Mat

I am not on about the migrant workers, who do a sterling job, but the so called asylum seeker who come here to take advantage of the system . Granted some of them are genuine, who through no fault of their own, find themselves displaced, and until they have been processed and given the right to abode in this country can not legally work. on the other side of the coin we get the bogus asylum seekers who come over to glean as much as possible from the system, and in the process, also create mayhem for the ordinary citizens of this country through organised criminality and the offshoots thereof.

My wife works for the NHS, and she can tell you how waiting lists are doctored, all legally.

its funny how many safe countries the "asylum" seeekers travel thru to claim asylum in the UK.

Europe should do the same as the swiss - when they claim assylum u get taken straight to a detention center /prison, cases are normally assessed within 48 hrs, they go in front of a judge who decides how long they will be kept for (norm 2 months) this then allows arrangements for a flight back to thier home country( after the identity has been established). There are plentyof "forced repatriation" flights to africa every month and also to european mainland destinations.

I work within the NHS also.Economic migrants are w*****rs and should be sent back immediately,but there are too many cases in the UK of genuine asylum cases being rejected and those poor people being sent back to their homeland to be persecuted all over again."Waiting lists are doctored,legally",how do you mean peter?

Of course Blair has lost the plot.

Can someone explain to me how the foreign migrant workers can afford to live here if they are doing low paid jobs that nobody is supposed to want.

How do they pay for travel, rent, food etc. if English people cannot live on these wages?

I have paid income tax, national insurance, etc. vat on everything I touch for more than forty years.

During that time I see the health service overwhelmed with immigrants and their families who have never paid a cent towards it. Despite high road tax all the roads are full of potholes, public transport is a shambles and way too expensive. Where has all this tax gone?.

The first post hits the nail on the head. This country is a soft touch for all except the genuine law abiding and

taxpaying public

Have the politicians ever seen a map of the British Isles?, we should have the best standard of living in the world, basd on the size of us, and what we pay.

Politicians go from one crisis to another and we all have to pay for it, but why should they care, when they retire on a fat pension, they can leave the country and live in luxury elsewhere.

It is good to see someone else has seen the light, my advice, as an old fogey, to all you skilled people is to

emmigrate, better weather and you might be appreciated!

Rant # 2. :angry:

Peter probabaly means you go on a waiting lisy to go on a waiting list :( So you don't show on the stats. until you move off the first one and get an appointment. This is fiddling the figures :(

More or less Steve The patient is offered an appointment within the Government waiting times, so goes on the list, if the patirnt can not for some reason accept that appointment is taken off the list so their next appoint will be their second and therefore, put on another list even though they were not seen at their first given appointment, or something along those lines.

No offence to people who do have genuine cases for seeking asylum, but the government should not trow valuable sources of cash on people who have paid nothing into the system.

Sounds harsh, but when all said and done, I dont think of it as our problem. This governent has no back bone and no idea what direction the country is heading towards.

Its always a case of stiffing law abiders and hiking taxes up for them, yet the general s :tsktsk: t stains get 5 star treatment at tax payers expense.

The Emposing plate tax or gratuity, whats the idea on that? If your happy with the service and food etc surely to leave a tip is at your descretion! :angry:

Sorry to pee on your chips but since we signed up to the Human Rights Act in 1998 there is nowt we can do to easily get rid of failed asylum seekers/illegal immigrants. The system is weighted in their favour and they can appeal at every step.

I have no problem at all with mass immigration (it has always existed) but I do despair at the uncontrolled immigration into this country. All these people are not hard working angels, there are plenty bad ones in there. And good or bad, they all need housing, cars, road space, eductaion, healthcare etc etc etc.

So we should have a new slogan "We are not racist just bloody full!"

ANY party that puts a stop to it gets my vote.

i understand there are plans afoot to opt out of section of the Human rights act....

i agree, and then lets opt out of Europe aswell!!

Gets my vote! Tired of paying a bloody good lump sum of my wages to spicks!

Apparently only a third of our road tax actually goes towards road maintenence.

It's true that our troops are suffering the lack of money put into the kit they use, if it's not boots that melt in the desert heat, it's helicopters that cant fly at night.

The armed forces are still using archaic equipment, namely their radio kit which was designed and constructed in the 1950/60's. New, modern radios are in production but is having difficulties being integrated into tanks, Land Rovers etc.

I feel that our policians still have an "old boy" mentality, thinking along the lines that were trodden many decades ago, when we DID have the best transport facilites in Europe for example, but now we have been overtaken massively by the likes of France and Germany in that area.

The French have the right idea when it comes to their own affairs, in which they deal with internal issues (unemployment, immigrants, homelessness) before they think of things going on around the world. (Although they have had their fair share of problems in the recent years)

England needs to sort out our own problems within our country, before we galavant off to cruddy corners of the world in the name of "Peace keeping"