Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1st Gear (is200)

ArcAngel

Hi guys, am new to the forum and to owning a Lexus!

I've had my IS200 Sport for a couple of weeks now and I just can't seem to pull away from stop in 1st without the card juddering slightly.

If I turn the traction control off it pulls away fine.

I used to have a Calibra 4x4 Turbo, so maybe it's me giving too much throttle! :winky:

I do have to raise the clutch peddle a fair bit before it bites. But that could be normal as the clutch on my old car was on it's way out.

Just wondering if any of you guys experience the judder and if so do you just turn the TC off!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

Hi guys, am new to the forum and to owning a Lexus!

I've had my IS200 Sport for a couple of weeks now and I just can't seem to pull away from stop in 1st without the card juddering slightly.

If I turn the traction control off it pulls away fine.

I used to have a Calibra 4x4 Turbo, so maybe it's me giving too much throttle! :winky:

I do have to raise the clutch peddle a fair bit before it bites. But that could be normal as the clutch on my old car was on it's way out.

Just wondering if any of you guys experience the judder and if so do you just turn the TC off!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

it's highly likely to be a bad clutch, and or flywheel, although i would say clutch.

Welcome to LOC

Always drive with the TC off, since i have had the car its juddered on pull away not got better not got worse has been the same for a year, if its the clutch then i was just going to let it go fully then get a new one fitted.

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Is it axle shuddering your talking of.

The traction control on my car really kills the power dead,but theres no juddering,but my cars a auto though.

I tend to turn the TC off on my car,even though the rear wheels spin up its still quicker than than with the TC cutting in.

Chips.