Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Near Scrape - Warning Sounds

vitasoy

Was driving along in the left lane of the A13 a dual carriageway and about to turn off at the next junction when all of a sudden a mad woman in a blue fiesta decides to change into my lane without noticing that I was there already.....lukcy for me I was returning home from a go-karting stag-do and was pretty sharp that day....I was able to swerve quite quickly and avoid the accident...but there was some kind of warning that started going off inside the car ( IS 250 SE Auto ) with some lights as well, The alarm noises and the lights stopped a few hundred metres down the road and in any case I was too busy honking the woman to take proper notice - even the subaru driver behind me was honking her.

Once I had calmed down a bit (after a few days) I was actually quite pleased that the car had handled so well in what was a potentially very dangerous situation (I was doing about 50mph), I am curious to find out what the lights and noises might have been though? Anybody?

cheers

Vitasoy

It could be the cars' AI (I've been watching too many SciFi movies, and I love the Christine movie), but more likely it was the VSC kicking in...

PS - the cars handling is just so tight. It reacts very well to sudden changes, and you can really thread the car through tight A roads...especially in the Lake district...I love the Kirkstone Pass....my new IS takes it with such confidence