Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did My Own 80k Service This Weekend On The Is2

kam05

Following on from this thread, I decided to do my own 80k service, with a little help from my uncle who happens to be a mechanic.

All parts were sourced from my local Lex dealer (at trade prices), however I bought my engine oil from my local motor factors, I have used Millers oils fully syn 5w 40 grade oil link, as was recommend by the local motor factors. I never have heard of Millers oils, but have been told that their oils are used mostly in British Touring cars races/teams, so if its good enough for them, then Millers oils is good enough for me!

The oil filter on the IS2 is a bit of a pain to get to/off, other than that I found it pretty easy to do the work. Also changed the front pads, as they were almost shot.

All in all, 80k service cost me under £100 in parts, not bad, since I was quoted £335 by one local Lex dealer.

Cheers.

Following on from this thread, I decided to do my own 80k service, with a little help from my uncle who happens to be a mechanic.

All in all, 80k service cost me under £100 in parts, not bad, since I was quoted £335 by one local Lex dealer.

Cheers.

Awesome. Good to hear mate. Nice to hear it's just a car, and not a rocketship made from special parts that can only be serviced by Lexus stealers!

Cheers.

Awesome. Good to hear mate. Nice to hear it's just a car, and not a rocketship made from special parts that can only be serviced by Lexus stealers!

now you just need the guidelines to make a lexus servicing stamp out of an old potato ;) well done its not as hard as it looks is it. Now if we can convince everyone to do their own servicing dealer servicings will have to get cheaper

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links