Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Discs

Ellz

Hey ppl need to know if anyone else gets a noise coming from what i can only think is the rea discs when going round corners, going round left hand corner the rear right and the opposite, the only thing i can think off is the weight of the car is moving the disc or caliper and just slightly touching it ?

Any thoughts

Cheers Elliott

Hey ppl need to know if anyone else gets a noise coming from what i can only think is the rea discs when going round corners, going round left hand corner the rear right and the opposite, the only thing i can think off is the weight of the car is moving the disc or caliper and just slightly touching it ?

Any thoughts

Cheers Elliott

My 200 had exactly the same problem and had both myself and the Lexus techy scratching our heads. He was going to fit additional retainer springs to the pads but after checking the rear plates/dustguards found they were rubbing. Bent them back and hey presto...no noise :)

My 200 had exactly the same problem and had both myself and the Lexus techy scratching our heads. He was going to fit additional retainer springs to the pads but after checking the rear plates/dustguards found they were rubbing. Bent them back and hey presto...no noise :)

Sweet sounds good im gonna have them off tomro, really ****** me off,

Also while on the topic of disc my front ones i have just changed along with pads are very screeeeechy they've done about 700-1000 miles which i tried my best to easy them in, i have had a few goes at slamming the achors on now but the noise is still there,

Any wise knowledge on this problem ???????

Cheers

What pads did you put on? I use Mintex and not had any undue noise.

Also on the rubbing problem, it was corrosion build-up which caused the original problem on the backplate/dust covers, so have a wire brush handy. The noise appeared initially going round corners/roundabouts, but if I had the windows down I could still hear it at low speeds on the straight. Drove me mad for months as I thought like you that it was the pads rubbing on the discs...

What pads did you put on? I use Mintex and not had any undue noise.

Also on the rubbing problem, it was corrosion build-up which caused the original problem on the backplate/dust covers, so have a wire brush handy. The noise appeared initially going round corners/roundabouts, but if I had the windows down I could still hear it at low speeds on the straight. Drove me mad for months as I thought like you that it was the pads rubbing on the discs...

I used some compnay just down the road LSUK as i didnt have time to order some mintex ones off the net, ill give them a good clean up hopefully get rid of the noise

Have the same problem on mine, replaced discs and pads few months back and have next to no corrosion on the sheilds... but i'll check it over...

Was this the rears or fronts ?????

:offtopic: Mr Singh been looking at your car DAMN its good, been going through every photo on the very long list of mod, good job

Thanks mate, hopefully soon it will run right too :yawn:

Rears mate. Defo not the front...

I have 3 sorts of noises,

front tyres rubbing

rear tyres rubbing

disc rubbing on the sheild?

LOL u would have that many bad noises running that low

OK took of wheels took pads out one side was lower than other so swapped them over, bent back shield a bit then went out for drive and noise come back probably even louder LOL

is there any need for the shield ?????

Cheers

is there any need for the shield ?????

Cheers

Not really mate no. I cut away most of mine when I fitted the skyline caliper and Mat said that there's none on the Monster.

Sorry mate, mine was the front. But I suppose the same applies anyway

Hey just been to cinema (Talladega Nights very very funny go watch) and had 4 ppl in my car when going round even the slightest corner the noise comes back and louder, im thinking if this is still the discs or could it be suspension or something along those lines??????

Cheers Elliott