Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Debranding And Unlocking Mobiles

Guys - just got a cheapish K750i, new for £99, but it's on Vodaphone. I'd like to unlock it to O2 and am considering other mods to it.

This site HERE claims to be able to supply a cable and server access to Debrand it, unlock it and most amazingly convert it to W800i, as apparently the hardware is the same, just a different firmware. Sounds too good to be true...

Anyway, can anyone help with their experience on these matters - I'm clearly a virgin at this. I was going to take it into Leicester Market and get it unlocked for a fiver, but this looks too good...

Guys - just got a cheapish K750i, new for £99, but it's on Vodaphone. I'd like to unlock it to O2 and am considering other mods to it.

This site HERE claims to be able to supply a cable and server access to Debrand it, unlock it and most amazingly convert it to W800i, as apparently the hardware is the same, just a different firmware. Sounds too good to be true...

Anyway, can anyone help with their experience on these matters - I'm clearly a virgin at this. I was going to take it into Leicester Market and get it unlocked for a fiver, but this looks too good...

Its a good idea to get the software switched to the networks settings you'd like to use. But in all honesty, the W800 software is not as good as the K750s. Well, I cant speak for the other networks re-writing of the W800 software, but speaking from experence with the handsets on the Orange network, the K750 is much better.

not sure but look at this site

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?co...&thread=120

The W800i K750i K750 W700 are all the same phisicaly but the software is the only difference so they could be telling the truth. I use A K750 myself and its software is better than W800 in some respects. the k750 is more orientated toward the camera and everyday phone use and the W800 is mainly for MP3 use. it depends what you prefer but both will do the exact same as each other just diferently. We sell more K750's than W800 because when a customer uses both, 7 out of 10 prefer the K750. Up to you tho. If you want it unlocking most towns have a shop that can do it for aprox £10.

Craig

I unlocked and debranded my K750i using the USB cable the phone came with and some software from a website. was very painless and debranding the phone seemed to speed up the phone as it wasnt bogged down with vodafone animations and now I can update the phone with the latest firmwares from the sony site for free. cost me about 10 euros for the software and voucher to do it.

I used this site http://www.davinciteam.com/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links