Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vibration

P38Aaron

Hi All

couple of months ago i had my wheels ballenced (all 4), then swapped front to rear etc

When driving i get a little vibration through the steering wheel and excelerater, when braking the vibrations get alot more intense...I cant determine if there is vibration coming through the brake.

When crawling along at 5-10mph i get squeek squeek from front drivers side.

Is this indication that the discs are warped? or is it tracking and balencing again?

Thanks

Aaron

If its the disks on a scale of 1-10 how hard are they to change and what tools will i need?

Hi All

couple of months ago i had my wheels ballenced (all 4), then swapped front to rear etc

When driving i get a little vibration through the steering wheel and excelerater, when braking the vibrations get alot more intense...I cant determine if there is vibration coming through the brake.

When crawling along at 5-10mph i get squeek squeek from front drivers side.

Is this indication that the discs are warped? or is it tracking and balencing again?

Thanks

Aaron

If its the disks on a scale of 1-10 how hard are they to change and what tools will i need?

Not Tracking..Not balancing, the speed is to low. on a 1-10 scale changing the discs is 2 (assuming 1 is easy) but the consequences of something going wrong is a 10! if you don't know what you are doing.

In truth very.... very few disks can actually warp, this is a commercial subliminal interpretation of the effect from brake judder.

The low speed 'squeak' suggests either the caliper sliders or the caliper is binding.... I need you to answer this next question accurately.. On the initial part of your journey is everything ok?, then after a few miles this vibration appears?

i shall get back to you on that one! but its hard to say because every morning and evening i have a 30mph for 5mins without braking and with the road conditions and springs being stiffer its hard to say if its bumps or vibration.

Hello.

Reply to wheels in motion

Checked today and it felt that it was vibrating from cold, including through excelerator, got more prominent at higher speed, so it does seem to be there all the time.

Aaron

i had the same problem i took it to a mate and he checked it out one of my bridgestone tyre inner walls had bellied out so had to have a new tyre and its fine now my mate said i was very lucky it never blew out may not be the same with yours but worth a look hope ya sort it mate

id suggested you take it back to the Tyre balancing place and tell them that it is virbrating.

I think that when your wheels have been swaped over from front to rear the back should have been re-balanced again as they are now on the front. Just my 2pennies worth, :lol: hope it helps :D

DibsLpg

I think that when your wheels have been swaped over from front to rear the back should have been re-balanced again as they are now on the front.

Would make no difference if the wheels are balanced off the car :)

got fronts ballenced today, got tracking checked and corrected (apparently rears were out) took for drive vibrations are down but still get it when i brake :crying:

Any thoughts? warped discs or sticky caliper?

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...
got fronts ballenced today, got tracking checked and corrected (apparently rears were out) took for drive vibrations are down but still get it when i brake :crying:

Any thoughts? warped discs or sticky caliper?

Aaron

Hello... I would like to say that a similar problem happend to me, and I found out that the place I took it had their tire ballancer machine unadjusted because I took it to another place and they recheked my tires and they were off and I even got my money back from the spects from the other shop. Try it never know.

Hello... I would like to say that a similar problem happend to me, and I found out that the place I took it had their tire ballancer machine unadjusted because I took it to another place and they recheked my tires and they were off and I even got my money back from the spects from the other shop. Try it never know.

Just had new tyres fitted with no difference, got some new disc's on the way so we shall see!

here is another one for the pot, i had a lot of vibration that worsened with speed and under braking....

Turned out that my drivers side shock had completely lost its oil and damping.

Cost about £50 for a new one and solved it all. So maybe thats the problem, but its worth a look if you have exhausted all the others

• 3 weeks later...