Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Fuel Economy Record!

puresilk

Hi guys!

I know the fuel economy topic on the IS 200 has been shagged left right and centre from previous posts but check out this stunt I pulled last couple of days, I wanted to see how far it would go!

I filled mine up a few days ago and 65 Litres went in at a cost of (89.9 ppl) Shell Unleaded (70 litres being the max tank capacity)!

I drove very very carefully maximising the economy where I could on motorways and A roads by gentle use of the accelerator, correct gears, not exceeding speed limits and coasting towards roundabouts etc etc.

From Reading I drove up to Birmingham and back to see an old friend on Friday, roads used were A4074, A34, M40, M42 etc and it was 106 miles there and the same to come back so I covered 212 miles in total.

On sunday I then drove up to leicester to see my uncle and the roads used were A4074, A34, M40, A43, M1 and it was 102 miles there and the same to come back so I covered 204 miles on that journey!

At this point my fuel light had come on when i reached about 416 miles!

So on monday I went to ealing and it was approx 37 miles there and to come back and I used the M4 so I covered 74 miles in total, and I was bricking it thinking I would run out of fuel but it didnt!

When I got back i went straight to the filling station I managed to squeeze 69.6 litres of fuel into the tank!

Either I was lucky or very careful the max I got out of a tankful was 490 MILES which im not going to try ever again cos it was very nerve racking comming back from London knowing the car could run out of fuel LOL!

Anyone think they can beat that!

:D

Woah! thats really good return!

I've tried the same method, only managed 250 miles :lol:

That is brave the furthest on one tankfull i dared go was Brighton to outskirts of Edinburgh 428 miles.

Either I was lucky or very careful the max I got out of a tankful was 490 MILES which im not going to try ever again cos it was very nerve racking comming back from London knowing the car could run out of fuel LOL!

Yes, 533.5 miles (requiring 64.12 litres to fill it back up again).

I do long, motorway-type journeys everyday so get a fair bit of practice at economical driving.

Yes, 533.5 miles (requiring 64.12 litres to fill it back up again).

I do long, motorway-type journeys everyday so get a fair bit of practice at economical driving.

*****!

so u still had 6 litres left then!

That is amazing i think I could have streched 500 but didnt wanna risk it!

LOL

Most of the time I filled up the petrol with over 65 litres, and with 3 times at 69.1, 69.5 & 69.8 litres covering the longest distance of 562 miles. I have a spare 5 litres with me when going long journey but had never needed it so far. I would guess that the capacity of IS200 is somewhere between 71 - 73 litres if you fill it up to the lip. Besides, even if we run out of petrol, don't forget that we have petrol cover by Lexus road assistant whenever we ever need it. So you're not risking it if you're still under manufacturer warranty :D

Of-course everyone drives differently and you need to know how much you can get out of a full tank for your driving style on the road condition you covered to estimate the future full tank coverage, then calculate with a tolerance of +-3%.

I filled up in Lincoln yesterday, drove to salisbury (205 miles) back to the office in huntingdon today (160 miles) and i have 1/4 tank left which by rights should work itself to 486 miles on a tank. That is 80mph on M-ways and sticking to limits on other roads.

That is with the Trust/Greddy induction. Don't know whether it makes a difference or not?

i must be way to heavy footed, i was happy with th 340 out of my last tank and that was doin 60 miles with the reserve light on, i'll see how far i ge out of my next tank, half way through the current one with a whole 150miles covered. Too may late nights and long lies resulting in having to rush to work with all my tools in the boot, lol.

The choice is very clear, either drive with fun by having heavy foot and enjoy the roaring sound of the VVTI cutting in, or save some money in the pocket with light footed driving.

Here's the referrence that we all the IS200 can achieve for a full tank of petrol with light footed driving.

Around city with heavy traffic --> 390 miles

Around city with little traffic --> 440 miles

City with some Motorway on medium traffic --> 480 miles

Motorway with speed mainly between 40mph & 75mph -->580 miles

To achieve maximum milage all windows must be closed for the speed of 45mph and over. The above calculation does not include Air-Con, so take away 2% - 5% for having Air-Con on.

I filled up in Lincoln yesterday, drove to salisbury (205 miles) back to the office in huntingdon today (160 miles) and i have 1/4 tank left which by rights should work itself to 486 miles on a tank. That is 80mph on M-ways and sticking to limits on other roads.

the last quater always seems to be bad though, you could do 100miles to each quater then 75miles to the last! I thort I was doing well with 420miles, I keep rubbing it in Kaz's face! :shifty::tomato:

I never realy do less than 380miles miles though.

As a IS300 owner, I just travelled back from France, and I wasn't exactly taking it easy on the right foot. In fact I reckon I was really pretty heavy actually! :blush: I managed an amazing 340 miles, which is great considering I usually on manage 280 each tank. So if I was gentle on it, I could of got loads more! I'll have to try it one day! :D

Hi guys!

I know the fuel economy topic on the IS 200 has been shagged left right and centre from previous posts but check out this stunt I pulled last couple of days, I wanted to see how far it would go!

I filled mine up a few days ago and 65 Litres went in at a cost of (89.9 ppl) Shell Unleaded (70 litres being the max tank capacity)!

I drove very very carefully maximising the economy where I could on motorways and A roads by gentle use of the accelerator, correct gears, not exceeding speed limits and coasting towards roundabouts etc etc.

From Reading I drove up to Birmingham and back to see an old friend on Friday, roads used were A4074, A34, M40, M42 etc and it was 106 miles there and the same to come back so I covered 212 miles in total.

On sunday I then drove up to leicester to see my uncle and the roads used were A4074, A34, M40, A43, M1 and it was 102 miles there and the same to come back so I covered 204 miles on that journey!

At this point my fuel light had come on when i reached about 416 miles!

So on monday I went to ealing and it was approx 37 miles there and to come back and I used the M4 so I covered 74 miles in total, and I was bricking it thinking I would run out of fuel but it didnt!

When I got back i went straight to the filling station I managed to squeeze 69.6 litres of fuel into the tank!

:D

I can ! Easy :D

Er but not when I had my IS200 - average was about 240 on a tank, but this was with no motorway miles.

I average just under 400 miles per tank - approximately 35miles of motorway and 10 of city driving each way.... This is despite a reasonably light right foot when pottering home. Still dreaming of the 700 miles per tank I use to get out on 320d despite being fairly heavy footed most of the time...

Back to the black-stuff soon I guess!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links