Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Mpg

Gapwedge

Starting to think about replacing my is200 with the is250 at the top of the list.

Can anyone let me know what sort of mpg they get out of their 250's for the manual , but specifically the auto.

I usually get 31-33 out of my manual at the minute which is about as low as I want to go.

If I am not likely to better what I get now, I am probably going to go down the diesel route, but that will rule out the is220 as I really want an auto next time.

Any views would be appreciated.

Starting to think about replacing my is200 with the is250 at the top of the list.

Can anyone let me know what sort of mpg they get out of their 250's for the manual , but specifically the auto.

I usually get 31-33 out of my manual at the minute which is about as low as I want to go.

If I am not likely to better what I get now, I am probably going to go down the diesel route, but that will rule out the is220 as I really want an auto next time.

Any views would be appreciated.

I get about 29-30, mixture of urban and motorway

Barry

31-33mpg isn't bad at all. I used to get around 25 then supercharged it and now get around 18-20 on a fun drive.

I did managed 35 on the trip to germany but that was taking it very steady/slow :)

From what i've seen/heard Lexus quote a combined MPG of 28.8 in the IS250 and 44.8 in the IS220d. People have been saying it is quite hard to obtain these figures :crybaby:

You get 31-33mpg out of an IS200? That must be predominantly motorway? You'll easily get the same out of a 250, and anyway the auto's more economical than the manual.....

When I had one for a week, I drove it purely around town, and pretty hard, and the trip computer was showing between 27-28 mpg average (which was very impressive compared to the 20-21mpg I get from my IS200 Auto under the same circumstances)

I have an IS250SE with MM and I usually hit 32-33mpg. My record is 43 on a long motorway run with the cruise set at 80 all the way.

Around town it does dip a bit but as always it depends on the way you drive it.

I've only had it a week and I commute into the West End and get 26-27. I had 32 to Bham at the weekend though

having said that I drive it like a VTEC to really get it driving

I have an IS250SE with MM and I usually hit 32-33mpg. My record is 43 on a long motorway run with the cruise set at 80 all the way.

I've only had it a week and I commute into the West End and get 26-27. I had 32 to Bham at the weekend though

22 MPG in heavy traffic

41 motorway steady

combined 27 mpg

alan

22 MPG in heavy traffic

41 motorway steady

combined 27 mpg

alan

The average mpg reading on my 250 SE-L auto appears to be stuck at 28.7 as it rarely deviates. However, tank average states around 30-31 so the real figure lies somewhere between the two. :unsure::unsure: I will add it's not driven for economy...

the one i had on loan last week was averaging 40 mpg on my way back from silverstone, according to the ave mpg display, which are normally quite accurate.

Tango! did you know you have to zero the ave mpg display everytime you drive the car.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I think I will have to try and get a test-drive for a few days, to drive one in my normal conditions to see what I get.

My main drive is a 35-mile round trip, about 1.5miles to get on a duel carriageway, 15 on there and another mile or so to the office.

The dual carriageway is 70 all the way, with very little in the way of stop-start, heavy traffic.

That may explain my decent figures up to now.

Thanks again