Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti Rattle Shims

kev0312

Can anyone please help me.

I recently had my rear pads and discs changed at a garage. All was fine for a few days then it started to rattle until I braked. My mate had a look and said that the anti-rattle shims had fell of the back brakes.

I have searched everywhere on the internet with no avail.

Anyone know where to get them from and what price I should be paying.

Cheers

Kev

Yeah.

Took it straight to them. They said they were on when it left the garage!!

I have contacted Lexus thru the main website about a week ago.

Not heard a thing.

Very lame of the garage to turn round and say that. Its not like they just fall off! I fitted my pads myself and had no probs at all. Like saying, "Sir, you fitted my break pads last week, and they have fallen out...." Id not be happy with the garage at all!

Best of calling your local branch, think some of them are from the stone age as Ive never had an email response back from them!

Yeah.

Took it straight to them. They said they were on when it left the garage!!

I have contacted Lexus thru the main website about a week ago.

Not heard a thing.

Very lame of the garage to turn round and say that. Its not like they just fall off! I fitted my pads myself and had no probs at all. Like saying, "Sir, you fitted my break pads last week, and they have fallen out...." Id not be happy with the garage at all!

Best of calling your local branch, think some of them are from the stone age as Ive never had an email response back from them!

anti rattle or anti squeal ? either way its virtually impossible for them to come out i have just finished changing my front discs and the caliper has to be apart for the anti rattle clips to come out and there isn't much room for the anti squeal shims to move either. I think garage man speak with forked tongue :shifty:

Can anyone please help me.

I recently had my rear pads and discs changed at a garage. All was fine for a few days then it started to rattle until I braked. My mate had a look and said that the anti-rattle shims had fell of the back brakes.

I have searched everywhere on the internet with no avail.

Anyone know where to get them from and what price I should be paying.

Cheers

Kev

i have heard lexus dealers are good for lexus parts but that might just be a rumour

my ribs are aching with your humour.

If I wanted to pay over the odds I'd have gone straight to them ***** hole

Actually, if you contact Lexus Hanley and ask for Chris Shipley he does discounted rates for Gold members, I've saved hundreds of pounds thanks to Chris and he's at an official dealer - try getting in touch with him and see what price you get :)

Not sure if these are available separately but Chris is the man to tell you!

my ribs are aching with your humour.

If I wanted to pay over the odds I'd have gone straight to them ***** hole

ooh seem to have hit the right spot then! well come on get real, you dont go to a ford dealer for toyota parts, your problem is with the garage that didnt re-fit the parts so get them to either fix it or buy new ones - ***** hole!