Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Off To Hospital!

Rob's Lexx

well, it had to happen eventually......decided to slice through my finger on some glassware in the lab........severed a tendon over my knuckle and now have no movement in the finger.

being admitted into hospital tonight for surgery either 2moz or friday.....FUN FUN FUN

don't have too much fun wivout me :P

rob

Ouch! :crybaby:

One of my former workmates lost three fingers on his right hand while using spinning chains to trip pipe on a rig several years ago.

You still got all yours then? How did you manage that? :D

cheers for your comments guys!!! :)

just got back from hospital.....in a sh!t load of pain and have a massive zig-zag scar down the length of my finger.

it turned out i had severed my central extensor tendon (central slip) and the glass had actually entered the joint and caused some minor damage!! :o had the operation done under local anasthetic, so i was fully awake throughout it all......quite surreal!!!

gotta keep my finger in a splint for 4-6 weeks, then need physio to hopefully make the finger work 'normally'!!!

hope it'll all heal well :) :)

Bloody hell pal, hope you're ok, sounds like it will be a while before you'll be back to normal!

Hope it all goes well anyway, will get you a jiffy bag off this week, dunno if you'll be able to use it now though :o

I nearly threw up when I saw that pic earlier on in the thread, nearly posted the pic of my op this year but it's nothing compared to that :sick: