Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headunit Replacement - Cheapest Option Please....

Hi all,

I have read all of the posts concerning the replacement of my knackered head unit in my IS 200 SE 99 V reg. I am a little confused, perhaps you can help clear some of this up.

1) At lot of posts state that you cannot use the rear speakers with a after market headunit. Is this can't or just that it is not the best sound option. I know that there are four connections and you can only make two.

2) In terms of wiring and bypassing the amp, is there a cable that I can buy? or it is a case of doing all of the wiring individually? Can someone give me the detail necessary to do this?

Can you just remove the amp and buy an ISO adapter like this:

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/category/Fitt...+ISO+Leads.html

I was about to sell my car privately and buy a 250, but my CD player failed at the weekend and I am looking for the cheapest and quickest way of getting this sorted, as appose to the best sound solution.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mate

That wiring harness is for the non-amp models the "S" version, Like yours and mine the SE versions have an AMP Built in so it will not work.. :crybaby:

I have been looking for a wiring harness for the SE but no one does one, so its a manual cut. Not tried it yet.. :hehe:

Dibslpg..

Hi all,

I have read all of the posts concerning the replacement of my knackered head unit in my IS 200 SE 99 V reg. I am a little confused, perhaps you can help clear some of this up.

1) At lot of posts state that you cannot use the rear speakers with a after market headunit. Is this can't or just that it is not the best sound option. I know that there are four connections and you can only make two.

2) In terms of wiring and bypassing the amp, is there a cable that I can buy? or it is a case of doing all of the wiring individually? Can someone give me the detail necessary to do this?

Can you just remove the amp and buy an ISO adapter like this:

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/category/Fitt...+ISO+Leads.html

I was about to sell my car privately and buy a 250, but my CD player failed at the weekend and I am looking for the cheapest and quickest way of getting this sorted, as appose to the best sound solution.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Paul