Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is500

Tango

...and t says IS350 no the back. I love the way they tried to disguise the front, or were they trying to avoid stone chips?

Interestingly there was no tyre smoke or any video'd speed runs...

I'm eagerly looking forward to this one. Whether it can hit 60 in less then 5 seconds and truly match the RS4 or M5 is the real question...

Can't wait...

not even in the US

You will be made to eat your words. 5.0 v8, 400+bhp, new paddle shift auto box from LS460, spoilers, extended arches and not limited to 155mph either!!

Leave the M3 in its exhaust flames.............. :D

Lexus is working on an even faster (than the 350) two-door model with V8 power. Expected to be called the IS 500, the new coupe will go heads up with BMW's upcoming M3 coupe, a car also expected to get V8 power. Prototypes spotted testing on the Nurburgring test track in Germany were disguised to look like sedans, but closer inspection points to a coupe hiding underneath all the camouflage. The 5.0-liter V8 will be tuned to produce around 400 horsepower, a number which puts it well ahead of the 307-hp IS 350 and right in line with the M3. Expect to see this new coupe debut sometime next year. :unsure:

not even in the US

You will be made to eat your words. 5.0 v8, 400+bhp, new paddle shift auto box from LS460, spoilers, extended arches and not limited to 155mph either!!

oh hum...ok ill eat my words :yawn:

I'm eagerly looking forward to this one. Whether it can hit 60 in less then 5 seconds and truly match the RS4 or M5 is the real question...

Im sure Lexus are keen to ensure that this is the case :D

I just hope it has an auto box and is 4WD too...

That's my future strategy sorted then...

With that sort of power......why would you want and auto!

not even in the US

i'm tellin ya, its been seen. its called the ISF too. get ready to swallow :D :D :D

not even in the US

i'm tellin ya, its been seen. its called the ISF too. get ready to swallow :D :D :D

if your on about the one seen on the Nurburgring....... :yawn: or testing in the US

Edited by Monster-Mat

not even in the US

if your on about the one seen on the Nurburgring....... :yawn: or testing in the US

Nope, neither, a proper production car seen and sat in. cant say anything else, but its coming. 4 door, 4 seats, 400 + horses............... :lol:

not even in the US

Nope, neither, a proper production car seen and sat in. cant say anything else, but its coming. 4 door, 4 seats, 400 + horses............... :lol:

then my sources are talking crap then.......and that will be Toyota

and i suppose that if YOU sat in it it means its coming, like when i told everyone that the IS430 wouldnt be going into production, even though i had done some soldering on the ECU electrics, driven it, sat in and even washed the wheels on it...all in the factory in Cologne.......oh, not to mention applied a LOC sticker to the rear screen, alas everyone said it would still go into production.........

it never did, just as i said ;)

i cant say anything else either....... :shifty:

Edited by Monster-Mat

not even in the US

and i suppose that if YOU sat in it it means its coming, like when i told everyone that the IS430 wouldnt be going into production, even though i had done some soldering on the ECU electrics, driven it, sat in and even washed the wheels on it...all in the factory in Cologne.......oh, not to mention applied a LOC sticker to the rear screen, alas everyone said it would still go into production.........

I never said I sat in it, its possibly been unveiled at a european event possibly for Uk Lexus dealer principals, possibly in a country next to spain. Its coming mate, from the horses mouth. Oh if only you knew.... if I get to see it on a forthcoming LS460 training event possibly in Germany in 3 or 4 weeks i'll let you know more. Its coming, before coupe and cabriolet, its going to scare the pants off BMW because Lexus have let loose for once. :) :) :) :) :)

not even in the US

I never said I sat in it, its possibly been unveiled at a european event possibly for Uk Lexus dealer principals, possibly in a country next to spain. Its coming mate, from the horses mouth. Oh if only you knew.... if I get to see it on a forthcoming LS460 training event possibly in Germany in 3 or 4 weeks i'll let you know more. Its coming, before coupe and cabriolet, its going to scare the pants off BMW because Lexus have let loose for once. :) :) :) :) :)

You did say you sat in one, in one of your posts ( seen and sat in ) :o

not even in the US

Read it properly, I said seen and sat in, I never said I've seen it and sat in it, I know someone who has though!! I know plenty of people who have, but not me, not yet!!!!!!

not even in the US

Read it properly, I said seen and sat in, I never said I've seen it and sat in it, I know someone who has though!! I know plenty of people who have, but not me, not yet!!!!!!

The way you put it makes is sound like YOU seen and sat in it :o so you just seen pics or word from someone :question:

The way you put it makes is sound like YOU seen and sat in it :o so you just seen pics or word from someone :question:

No I haven't, not yet, I cant say much but my colleague has seen it at a dealer conference. its happening. And hopefully will be mentioned or I will be able to see it/sit in it at a Lex training event soon. :shifty: