Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Biggest Risk You Have Taken?

maneesh

with your life I mean..

mine would have to be when hiking up to around 5,500 feet high on a mountain wearing ordinary trainers, then standing right on the edge of the summit, where one slip of my shoes, and LOC would have been without it's pimp... :D

Ice climbing a few mountains Ive done have been pretty risky, Mainly the one in china that was called bogda feng, about 5000m.

Was an awesmoe time in the xinjiang region, but the climb was a 6. so was very risky.

Although several of us off the expedition dont climb anymore as we've been jinxed as a few of the group have actually died.

While testing a 40 feet class 1 feet offshore racing catermaran power boat off Bournemouth pier hitting a rather large wave at about 130 mph and taking off skywards :crybaby: The cat went vertically up but luckerly did not flip over, :hehe: it landed vertically down stern first and half submerged under the water before resurfacing.

The engine bay was filled with water and the 4 Lambo V12 engines were drowned and F***ked :o

I have been a bit of a nutter in my earlier years and have had quiet a few close shaves with many different things, this is just 1 of many :duh:

ive taken many risks in my job......

clearing mines in Bosnia/Iraq/Kosovo....going back into a crashed helicopter on fire.....busting through anti tank defences in Iraq was possibly the worst moment, as we were unsure what was on the other side, and its the time a Tank is at its most vunerable.......Especially the engineer tanks as the enemy knows that your coming, just doesnt know where exactly and when.

another possibly pretty risky move on my behalf was driving into the middle of a serbian army camp at midday and telling there commander they had to have all there tanks moved by midnight or they would all be blown up........all i had was a machine gun and a pistol, plus 2 light recce tanks ..........

by middnight the tanks had been moved.....

but i unfortunatly cant prioritise them all....each day i take risks, its the nature of the job.....and is part of what makes it fun

I'm just leaving permanent employment in IT to work as a contractor. Out into the scary world all on my own. :crybaby:

It's either that or spend the next 2-3 months teaching my job to our new owner's off-shore team in India before my redundancy is finalised. :o :angry:

Going into a stallions box, when even the owner was too scared to go in to catch it..............and then I put 4 shoes on it...........I must of been mad :duh: , but I was so pi$$ed off by the owner not having it ready for me, it got shot eventually as it was quite mad......The stallion that is, not the owner, come to think of it perhaps the owner should have been shot as well :D

For me it was cheating fate on the day of the London Tube bombings.

Long story, but I was due to be at a conference in Holborn at 9.30am, a journey which would have taken me via the Picadilly Line from Kings Cross at around 9.10am.

The rest we know all too well.

Fortunately for me I was late leaving home and walked out of Kings Cross amid the mayhem minutes after the Picadilly line train bomb went off between Kings Cross and Russell Square.

Such an experience concentrates the mind somewhat.

with your life I mean..

I quit my career of six years to be a full time carer for my mum this year after she fell ill in March, I was actually supposed to be starting a new job with a place soon but I've turned that town today after finding out my ex (who I used to work with) got a job there yesterday!

Some things just aren't worth repeating!!!!

As for with my physical life then I had a DVT a year ago which should have killed me on the flight back from the US (I wasn't aware what it was at the time) but I've had a couple of flights since, two long haul and a couple much shorter!

Not a great idea but I'm a great believer in the rules of karma - you reap what you sow!