Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mopeds/scooters

Mr Flibble

A few weeks ago I overtook a moped doing 40 in a 60 only for the youth sorry......... "Neanderthal" riding the bike to give me a load of abuse when i saw him in town the next day. Obviously i couldn't make out what he was saying in his Neanderthal language (there are allot of these types in Lincolnshire they still live in the stone age out here where a "computer" is a "puter!" and think using your fists resolves eveything).

I was very polite :winky: and asked him what the f**k does he expect if he's doing 40 in a 60 zone to which he couldn't really reply other than swear and curse, eventually he shut the hell up and walked off as i started to ignore him.

I don't know what everyones experience is when they meet a youngster on a Moped/Scooter on the road is but for me it's like they are hell bent on making other road users lifes a complete misery.

To be honest I'm just totally fed up with them weaving in front of you every time you go to over take them when they are doing 40mph in a 60 and cutting you up, not bothering to indicate etc! They are so dangerous!. They also can cause big tailbacks aswell as these idiots decide to ride them in rush hour aswell. Atleast a proper moterbike can travel at a decent speed and overtake you if they are in a rush, i just don't see why anybody would ever want to own a moped.

Thanks for listening to me rant!, i would like to see these Moped/Scooters band completely. What are your views?

- Paul :)

Sounds like you want the road all to yourself just coz your in a 60 zone doesn't mean you have to travel at that speed its an advisory maximum in perfect conditions,as he was on a moped(have you ridden one) i doubt he could reach 60 anyway.Ever heard the term "consideration for other road users" or back off from m/cyclists, its in the highway code but i doubt you've read it since you passed yor test.

He was in the middle of the rd for a good reason,so idiot car drivers dont push them into the kerb which is far more dangerous.

Cyclists,m/cyclists should be treated with the same respect as you would give to seeing a horse on the rd....wide birth!!!

Rant over :D

Sounds like you want the road all to yourself just coz your in a 60 zone doesn't mean you have to travel at that speed its an advisory maximum in perfect conditions,as he was on a moped(have you ridden one) i doubt he could reach 60 anyway.Ever heard the term "consideration for other road users" or back off from m/cyclists, its in the highway code but i doubt you've read it since you passed yor test.

He was in the middle of the rd for a good reason,so idiot car drivers dont push them into the kerb which is far more dangerous.

Cyclists,m/cyclists should be treated with the same respect as you would give to seeing a horse on the rd....wide birth!!!

Thats fine for people who like to cause accidents by not keeping up with flow of traffic. If its not essential to keep to the 60 limit, why can you fail your driving test if you don't?

luckily there isnt many moped users that are a problem round here, they dont mind you overtaking them and don't weave acros the road.

Craig

i also won't tar all moped users with the same brush, they have every right to use the road and do not have to drive next to the curb, they reason he rides at 40 and not 60 is because his bike has been restricted to do so, not because he wants to ***** people off. What would you probably did without realising it, and the reason you seem to get a lot of moped abuse, is tailgate him prior to overtaking, a lot of non-riders do this without realising how particulalrly unnerving it is on a bike with 2 ton of metal within flattening distance, give them room. Had you simply stayed back, and quickly and safely passed him with consideration, then he wouldn't have taken much notice of you let alone actually remember your car and face.

I agree star a. My 3 lads all ride motorbikes (chip off the old block). Now they are on proper bikes, I'm not nearly as worried as I was when they were learning at 16.

The law states that small bikes for youngsters have to be restricted, which is downright dangerous on roads outside towns. When most of the traffic is trying to do 60 mph, pity the poor moped rider who cannot do more that 40 down a hill with a following wind.

It's not their fault. It's the government's. So give them some condsideration.

IanB :angry:

i also won't tar all moped users with the same brush, they have every right to use the road and do not have to drive next to the curb, they reason he rides at 40 and not 60 is because his bike has been restricted to do so, not because he wants to ***** people off. What would you probably did without realising it, and the reason you seem to get a lot of moped abuse, is tailgate him prior to overtaking, a lot of non-riders do this without realising how particulalrly unnerving it is on a bike with 2 ton of metal within flattening distance, give them room. Had you simply stayed back, and quickly and safely passed him with consideration, then he wouldn't have taken much notice of you let alone actually remember your car and face.

My whole entire car was over the white line i'm sorry but i didn't realise a bike needed the same space as a double decker bus!? plus i went straight past him without even stopping behind him.

The point is that hes entitled to hold a central position in the road..its safer than to edge over near parked cars or nearer the kerb, you must of seen the TV advert where a car door suddenly opens and the biker takes avoiding action comes off and slams into a lampost.

I'm actually very considerate for bikes as my friend was knocked off his by a car and lost his knee cap, since then i have been more than considerate and very caucious of them and learner drivers. You make me out to be some maniac driver that rams peds off the road as you can't see any further than your own steriotyping!. I never said this guy was in the middle of the road, maybe you should read more carefully before you answer the question. And yes i have riden a Yamaha DT50 and an Aprillia rs125 thankyou very much so i DO know what it is like.

Maybe i should drive in the ditch or the field the next time as obviously the whole of one side of the road isn't enough for a ped!. Sorry? have you never driven at 60mph ever in your life? i find that quite hard to believe! :lol:

CALM DOWN YOU TWO

:excl:

Now everyone has there own opinion on the matter

Personally i believe people wait for a safe part of the road to overtake.

In this instance the moped riding person had the nerve to complain that he was overtaken, simple

Personally i would have "tried" to explain to the youth why he was overtaken and walk away.

They may or may not listen his problem not mine.

If the road is 60 and he his doing 40 Moped or Car i will overtake as soon as it is safe to do so, which is what i believe Mr Fiddle did.

now grow up the pair of you. :D

I'm sorry if it sounded like i was taring all moped users the same i shouldn't have done that. I do know the speed ristrictions of these bikes as I have riden not peds but 50cc bikes as many of my friends have too. I agree that they should not have to ride next to the curb. My point is I went past the bike on the complete opposite side of the road without coming up behind him as i just went straight past him. Iam the only person with an Aztec Fire Lexus IS200 with a private plate around here locally (from what i know) so it'd hardly be difficult not to notice the car.

My girlfriend has witnessed peds ganging up on a Pug 306 in front of her coming off a round about for no reason (from what she could see) they went in front of the car and swerved back and forth across the road and when the car went to overtake they went on the opposite side of the road aswell to stop it overtaking this involved 3 or 4 peds. This was reported to the police as the police asked her about it, maybe there is just one group of idiot kids on peds around here?.

I agree star a. My 3 lads all ride motorbikes (chip off the old block). Now they are on proper bikes, I'm not nearly as worried as I was when they were learning at 16.

The law states that small bikes for youngsters have to be restricted, which is downright dangerous on roads outside towns. When most of the traffic is trying to do 60 mph, pity the poor moped rider who cannot do more that 40 down a hill with a following wind.

It's not their fault. It's the government's. So give them some condsideration.

IanB :angry:

I would fully support restrictors being taken off bikes for youngsters.

CALM DOWN YOU TWO

:excl:

Now everyone has there own opinion on the matter

Personally i believe people wait for a safe part of the road to overtake.

In this instance the moped riding person had the nerve to complain that he was overtaken, simple

Personally i would have "tried" to explain to the youth why he was overtaken and walk away.

They may or may not listen his problem not mine.

If the road is 60 and he his doing 40 Moped or Car i will overtake as soon as it is safe to do so, which is what i believe Mr Fiddle did.

now grow up the pair of you. :D

Sorry Alajota will put the handbag away now :lol: :D

Im trying to educate you but obviously you know everything.

Wow im impressed you've driven a wopping big 50cc and then you moved up to a 125...woohooo.

:D :D

I was asked if i had ever riden a bike, i answered the question I wasn't trying to show off. :)

Mr Fibble, i wholehartedly agree with how much a pain in the arse peds are and i also agree with the fact that thier is a minority WHO simply CANNOT ride to save their lives, swerving from left to right, no indicators etc.

Now you can easily say that other road users dont use their indicators, but the diffrence is if i hit another car you are less likely to be injured.. I also find around my rural area that i come around corners only to find a ped stuck in the middle of the road doing 30 or 40mph this is dangerrous.

I just dont think they are perticulay safe

(*** my spelling is bad today..and my sentance formation.. oh well you get the idea..)

Mr Fibble, i wholehartedly agree with how much a pain in the arse peds are and i also agree with the fact that thier is a minority WHO simply CANNOT ride to save their lives, swerving from left to right, no indicators etc.

Now you can easily say that other road users dont use their indicators, but the diffrence is if i hit another car you are less likely to be injured.. I also find around my rural area that i come around corners only to find a ped stuck in the middle of the road doing 30 or 40mph this is dangerrous.

(*** my spelling is bad today..and my sentance formation.. oh well you get the idea..)

I wanted to say that I just think I have put it across in the wrong way. The same goes for if your riding a motorbike and come across a slow moving tractor just after coming round a bend, a pal of mine nearly ended up underneath a combine once. :duh:

All bikers, 50cc or 1000>cc are entitled to their section of road space... the safest position being 2/3 out from the kerb as instructed by rider training.

The motorcyclist should be treated as any 4 wheel vehicle on the road, so if the need calls to overtake, then assume it's another car/van/lorry and use the other carriage way to overtake when safe to do so :winky:

I know you'll always get the odd maniac kids on their scooters crawling all over you through towns etc, sitting up your a**e rev, rev, rev, cutting in front, racing you from the lights... but these are the inexperienced spotty oiks that mummy & daddy bought a scooter for on their 16th Birthday, who then think they're king of the road :angry::yawn:

All motor bikes are meant to use the middle of the lane.... :winky:

Trouble, there is also a majoy amount of car drivers who cant use their frigging indicators also! :angry:

I usually don't mind moped drivers at 11.30pm on a Saturday night when the bloke from Ali Baba's Pizza and Chicken takeaway drops round the usual delivery of 4 large Tuna and Mustard pizzas.

However, I don't see what Mr Flibble did wrong in overtaking a slow moving vehicle. I just reckon the moped rider was annoyed that he drove a half decent car. :D

I usually don't mind moped drivers at 11.30pm on a Saturday night when the bloke from Ali Baba's Pizza and Chicken takeaway drops round the usual delivery of 4 large Tuna and Mustard pizzas.

However, I don't see what Mr Flibble did wrong in overtaking a slow moving vehicle. I just reckon the moped rider was annoyed that he drove a half decent car. :D

Half decent? :o

All motor bikes are meant to use the middle of the lane.... :winky:

Trouble, there is also a majoy amount of car drivers who cant use their frigging indicators also! :angry:

Cars that don't indicate on round abouts seem to be the worst. If i'm taking the third exit a car comes up to your left hand side and decides to cut you up as they are exiting at the same point as you. I always thought your meant to use the inside lane if it's the third exit or more. This happens allot in the Peterborough area.

Ali Baba's Pizza and Chicken takeaway :lol::lol:

Half decent? :o

Kaz is heart broken now! I suppose none of us are quite up to your pimp-mobile status yet though Maneesh so I can understand. :lol:

Lets just face the facts... "BIKERS RULE!!!" :ph34r::devil::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Must admit they do they love the roads around here when it's sunny/good conditions, i tried to keep up but my jet engine ran out of petrol after about 10secs. Note to self....get a bigger fuel tank. :)

Mate, you shouldn't really be feeding a jet engine petrol... :blink::lol::lol::lol:

Lets just face the facts... "BIKERS RULE!!!" :ph34r::devil::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Must admit they do they love the roads around here when it's sunny/good conditions, i tried to keep up but my jet engine ran out of petrol after about 10secs. Note to self....get a bigger fuel tank. :)

Mate, you shouldn't really be feeding a jet engine petrol... :blink::lol::lol::lol:

DOH! i'd better move onto the next project homer-tabbed-browsing-zoomed.png:lol: