Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Questions

rs200dan

hi, once again great site, ive learned more about my altezza in the 4 hours ive been logged on than the 5 days ive had it...

i bought a 99 rs200 manual last week from japan, its yellow in colour and has kit and few bits, i love it... it came with a slipping clutch so ive just bought one this morning having read the reviews on the site and bought a stage 2 exeddy kit... ive also ordered the tein super street suspension and it will be fitted next week. next on the list is the servicing side of things..... ive ordered all filters,plugs timing belt and tensioner off fensport in the uk and ive just ordered mintex front and rear pads in dublin..... i have a few small questions i hope yee can help me with in relation to the car.........

firstly....... oil types and brands...... i wont be doing serious tuning ,i love as is but what grade oil should i use for engine , gearbox and diff.... and what quantities should i get of each...

secondly...my spots keep blowing,is this a common fault or a job for an auto electrician to solve......

thirdly..... where in uk could i get eyebrows for the headlights

forth...... where would i get rear wind deflectors

fifth......... where would i get black altezza mats exact fit , mine are a bit shoddy

thank you for any help

hi, once again great site, ive learned more about my altezza in the 4 hours ive been logged on than the 5 days ive had it...

i bought a 99 rs200 manual last week from japan, its yellow in colour and has kit and few bits, i love it... it came with a slipping clutch so ive just bought one this morning having read the reviews on the site and bought a stage 2 exeddy kit... ive also ordered the tein super street suspension and it will be fitted next week. next on the list is the servicing side of things..... ive ordered all filters,plugs timing belt and tensioner off fensport in the uk and ive just ordered mintex front and rear pads in dublin..... i have a few small questions i hope yee can help me with in relation to the car.........

firstly....... oil types and brands...... i wont be doing serious tuning ,i love as is but what grade oil should i use for engine , gearbox and diff.... and what quantities should i get of each...

secondly...my spots keep blowing,is this a common fault or a job for an auto electrician to solve......

thirdly..... where in uk could i get eyebrows for the headlights

fifth......... where would i get black altezza mats exact fit , mine are a bit shoddy

thank you for any help

Hey Dan!

Serviced my Altezza just before trip over to Santa Pod, got oil filter from Toyota garage (€9), used Magnatex GTX 10w40, think it took bout 5 litres....

As for the eyebrows: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-IS200...sspagenameZWD1V

Was thinkin of getting a set myself... :D

Howz big-bird goin for ya? :P

Have a look HERE little gem from Noel

You could try Oxy 10 :lol: Seriously though not a common fault so yes get it checked out.

Don't know if rear deflectors exist

Same as IS mats I got mine off Fleabay.

Hope that helps :D

• 1 month later...

hi mate u say you bought the timing belt and tensioner off fensport, but since your changing the cam belt you should also change the 3 idlers which they dont have at Fensport. These idlers are just some stupid pulley that the cambelt goes round. Mine is at da garage at da moment doing just the same.

AS for the wind deflectors try these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIND-DEFLECTORS-SMOK...1QQcmdZViewItem

do you mean the fogs

if so,

heres normal ones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-05-Lexus-IS200-Cr...1QQcmdZViewItem

Heres LED

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-REAR-LIG...1QQcmdZViewItem

:offtopic: You can buy an altezza manual from Amazon Dan, i bought one there last week. Has all the info your looking for in it and more

cant find that book . but still looking what did you type in under the books section ? i cant find altezza mentioned

:offtopic: You can buy an altezza manual from Amazon Dan, i bought one there last week. Has all the info your looking for in it and more

cant find that book . but still looking what did you type in under the books section ? i cant find altezza mentioned

There you go Elexes. You might have a bit of a wait for it though, mine took 5 weeks to get!

Altezza manual linky