Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Change

1sTee

hi lexus lubbers.

my clutch is going to need changing soon. just wondering what i can expect to pay either by getting it done by lexus/toyota or a third party garage. and is it better to go the lexus/toyota garage route?

the cost aint the issue, its the rip off factor that bugs me.

hi lexus lubbers.

my clutch is going to need changing soon. just wondering what i can expect to pay either by getting it done by lexus/toyota or a third party garage. and is it better to go the lexus/toyota garage route?

About £150 for a clutch and about the same for fitting- thats not a Lex one either - but probably as good.

When I had my IS200, the clutch started slipping after a standing start against my mates 911. I lost !

Any way I almost changed it, but then it stopped slipping for a while, until another mad standing start.

But then it stopped slipping again - it started again quite often, but that was probably a year later.

It juddered a lot on up hill starts, which if you search other posts, is quite common.

• 1 month later...
hi lexus lubbers.

You may need a new flywheel also and dont hold yr breath its exactly £691 + VAT from Lexus (Reading) they quoted me that yesterday!

You may need to get it skimmed also which would be cheaper!

Or get one from Pro Lex £285 or 2nd hand which will be much cheaper!

Tell me how you get on!!