Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Correct Me If Im Wrong..

jay m

It is not an offence (as Mr Fibble stated) to have the blue sidelights.

It is an offence to have red ones. The rule is - NO RED TO THE FRONT and NO WHITE TO THE REAR. thats it fullstop.

The only blue ones that you are not allowed are those which flash or rotate as if to replicate an emergency vehicle.

I have absolutely no reason why they have asked you to go to the local police station - it is totally bizarre!!

apart from reversing lights then??? :yawn: :duh:

:lol:

Mr fibble is probably right because it probably states that in the law and they obviously don't think too hard so there's always an exception that proves the rule.

It is not an offence (as Mr Fibble stated) to have the blue sidelights.

It is an offence to have red ones. The rule is - NO RED TO THE FRONT and NO WHITE TO THE REAR. thats it fullstop.

The only blue ones that you are not allowed are those which flash or rotate as if to replicate an emergency vehicle.

I have absolutely no reason why they have asked you to go to the local police station - it is totally bizarre!!

apart from reversing lights then??? :yawn: :duh:

yes, reversin lights, rear number plate bulbs, interior light...........

personally, i think coppers do a good job. only the other day, i was boosting past a marked traffic car, and looking in the rear view mirror, i could see him flashing his lights behind me, as if to say, "big up to ur pimp ride". I wos well chuffed :lol:

personally, i think coppers do a good job.

same here they do a hard job thanks to the papers ect. and the amount of people how think to police do a bad job i think they should go and join them for a few weeks and see what they have to put up with every day :blush:

and has for the blue side lights if you have your mot done with them in it will fail i have failed lots before (but if its a lex i will change them ) as its a fail if you dont have white or yellow head lights or white side lights and the mot is only min. road regs.

just waiting for you to pop in, yes motorists are an easy target, no detective work really required is there

Oh thanks, I feel welcomed :)

When you have a firearm pointed at you, point blank ... with what looks like a 'easy target motorist' then you can speak :)

Untill then, get your facts right.

Criminals use vehicles don't they? - I didn't think that was rocket science really. :yawn:

If that is your qualifying condition does getting pulled out of a car and getting robbed and car stolen whilst having a glock stuck to the side of your head count?? if so, I think I can speak. But anyway we are talking about the 98% of people on the road, it appears you are talking about the minority. and no i didnt call the police because it was waste of time, i did however report it for the insurance

face it, it is easier to nick someone for speeding, having a broken light etc yes they are commiting an offence but it is an easy caution/fine.

Nope, don't have to check at the road side. And the 7 days to produce is entirley descretionary, not a must

I Stand corrected.

I would agree that police, can at some times be more intrested in stopping motorists. When i was driving my saxo i was forever getting stopped, for what i like to call, the Young Whilst Driving a VTR offence.

i had the saxo for 9 months and got stoped 8 times, i now drive a lexus, and have done for six months, and not once have i been stopped.

and before anyone says anything the VTR was compleatly standard...

I make it clear I have no time for the Police in my area.......there f*****g useless!

Like, every job you get your good, and you get your crap. But your comment I feel very untrue ;) If you was to get stabbed, robbed, broken into, your family member dies, house on fire, car stolen .... who would YOU call ? Yep ... I thought so. The police :)

Not likely to be honest mate. If I did, id not expect the Police to be effecient or interested. Id be shocked, but pleasantly supprised if this wasn't the case. More to the point, id not expect them to solve the crime either.....I mean, how often does that happen nowadays!

Now, correct me if im wrong, but who are we sposed to call when these things happen? Its the Polices friggin job! The law comes down heavy on people who take the law in the own hands, its just a shame they dont come heavily on the law breakers in the first place!

would agree that police, can at some times be more intrested in stopping motorists. When i was driving my saxo i was forever getting stopped, for what i like to call, the Young Whilst Driving a VTR offence.

i had the saxo for 9 months and got stoped 8 times, i now drive a lexus, and have done for six months, and not once have i been stopped.

and before anyone says anything the VTR was compleatly standard...

I agree that it depends on the type of car you drive, of course it does, when i used to have my RS Turbo which was also standard and as i was an RS enthusiast and not a boy racer i had the car for interest rathar than boy racing but i could guarantee whenever i went out i would be pulled, but my car was always in tip top condition and most times we ended up talking about the car.

When i got my Focus ST which was brand new i was again always gettin pulled, when they stopped they would do their checks, owner, address etc and i always asked them why they stopped me and they would say well its a very nice car and if it was stolen wouldn't you want us to stop it! But when it was stolen from outside my home in 2005 i never did get it back!!

If that is your qualifying condition does getting pulled out of a car and getting robbed and car stolen whilst having a glock stuck to the side of your head count?? if so, I think I can speak.
No, as I was reffering to having a weapon pulled on you, form a 'police officers' perspective, in terms of your comment "stopping cars is the easiest, no investigation involved" well, you need to see the bigger picture ;) Some very big criminals have been caught, out of 'normal traffic stops' so, get your facts right :)
Now, correct me if im wrong, but who are we sposed to call when these things happen? Its the Polices friggin job! The law comes down heavy on people who take the law in the own hands, its just a shame they dont come heavily on the law breakers in the first place!
Yes, you are supposed to call the police, that is there job, I totally agree with you that justice is crap, and doesn't do enough for the law breakers in the first place, but who's fault is that ? It's certainly not the police's fault, they don't make the law, parliment does. They are the ones to blame.

The moral for all my comments are, people, members of public in general are always to quick to criticise wrong doers, especially the police. :)

subject matter of this article was traffic stops in america, but equally valid as here

"Traffic stops regularly result in criminal arrests, drug interdiction, and criminal investigations. Some traffic stops are world renowned. For example, the Oklahoma City bombing suspect, Timothy McVeigh, was apprehended by an Oklahoma State Trooper while making a "routine" traffic stop. Serial murderer Ted Bundy, who killed over 22 women, and the Atlanta child killer, Wayne Williams, who killed 28, were also apprehended because of traffic stops. "Son of Sam," David Berkowitz, who killed 6 and wounded 7, was captured because of a parking ticket.

While not necessarily making national news, police officers and sheriff's deputies make hundreds of traffic stops every day that result in criminal apprehensions, directly affecting the security and safety of communities across the country. "

i think there should be more of them one it takes more drivers off the road that have the wrong or no paper work and like i say to the blokes at work if a driver crashed into you and had no paper work the police would get the blame as they did not pull them over but they can only do that on road side stops i am all up for it

and two it makes more money for me when you have to get the blue ticket stamped at a mot bay :D :D

If that is your qualifying condition does getting pulled out of a car and getting robbed and car stolen whilst having a glock stuck to the side of your head count?? if so, I think I can speak.

No, as I was reffering to having a weapon pulled on you, form a 'police officers' perspective, in terms of your comment "stopping cars is the easiest, no investigation involved" well, you need to see the bigger picture ;) Some very big criminals have been caught, out of 'normal traffic stops' so, get your facts right :)

Mmmmm still talking about the minority, and cant recall saying "stopping cars is the easiest," so you get the facts right ;) LOL. At the end of the day a lot of the general public have lost faith in the police service due to the minority of incidents that resulted in bad policing plus national headlines and the "one rule for them, one for us" scenarios eg the 150mph cop, as well as the general lack of presence of "real" police on the streets. But I have a feeling this subject can run and run.

Mmmmm changing the goal posts now........ in future would it be possible to clarify EXACTLY what view you require? and still talking about the minority i see.
It would appear you always want the last say don't you ?

I'm not changing goal posts, as the ORIGINAL post, and the THREAD in concern is talking about police officers, and not peoples previous personal experiences.

I thank you :)

Don't forget folks, the Yorkshire Ripper was caught on a routine stop by traffic officers...........

Didn't the police have him in their hands 3 times at some stage during the "big hunt"

Scaryface....CPO's round my way are not visible after say 4 o/c in the afternoon but if you go into the H/Street they are everywhere and have never been down my rd ever not even in d/light hrs.

Don't forget folks, the Yorkshire Ripper was caught on a routine stop by traffic officers...........

CPO's round my way are not visible after say 4 o/c in the afternoon but if you go into the H/Street they are everywhere and have never been down my rd ever not even in d/light hrs.

The Community Support Officer business is all a bit "Groucho Marx" isn't it?

The people who want to be Community Support Officers are likely to be exactly the sort of people who should never be given such an appointment . . . . . :whistling:

• 3 months later...

Dont blame the police mate!

Blame the home office who give them a mountain of paperwork to do hence keping them off the streets!

and most of their time they do patrol is spent dealing with abusive drunks, anti social numpties, idiots, and people who cant handle themselves and make complaint of harassment etc etc!

as im sure u are aware every crime reported to police is given a crime refernce number and has to be investigated even if it is *****, a statement is still needed and pointless enquries still have to be done!

I take it you got stopped by traffic cops well thats their job to look for faults on vehciles and yes I agree motorists are an easy target, but if your car had been legal in the first place (ignorance is no excuse) u wouldnt be complaing now would you?

And its easy to criticise police when they do you for soomething u think is minor and they should be out there catching rapists etc, but if they were so easy to catch it would not be a problem, but someone with illegal blue lights isnt hard to spot!

Im not having a go at u mate but my mates a copper and i feel for him as he gives me a real insight to the job which is full of goverment targets etct etc!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links