Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Correct Me If Im Wrong..

jay m

let me start from the start, and correct me if im wrong!

After finishing work tonight im driving through the small village that i grew up in ad was pleased for once to see police out on the beet, its very offen im pleased to see police but sadly a woman got stabbed there on thursday night so the need for police was obvious. I stop at the bank to check to see if ive been paid but when i return to my car the police are there asking if i am the ower of the vehicle to which i proudly replied "yes". i was then asked to follow them to the station for them to check out my car, first thing they asked was "turn on your sidelights" at which point i remembered i still had in my blue ones. After much examination i was takin into the station and further quizzed and " let-off " with the £30 fine. Now correct me if im wrong by all means but this hour wasted on their behalf, should it not be put to good use of patrolling the streets and making sure such voilence which a woman was the victem of days before hand rather than wasting time in their office with me. Dont get me wrong but i admitted i was in the wrong and thats fine they're only doin their job but it does seem that their principles are all to f**k.

Sorry for the rant but its things like this that really get me going lol.

After finishing work tonight im driving through the small village that i grew up in ad was pleased for once to see police out on the beet, its very offen im pleased to see police but sadly a woman got stabbed there on thursday night so the need for police was obvious. I stop at the bank to check to see if ive been paid but when i return to my car the police are there asking if i am the ower of the vehicle to which i proudly replied "yes". i was then asked to follow them to the station for them to check out my car, first thing they asked was "turn on your sidelights" at which point i remembered i still had in my blue ones. After much examination i was takin into the station and further quizzed and " let-off " with the £30 fine. Now correct me if im wrong by all means but this hour wasted on their behalf, should it not be put to good use of patrolling the streets and making sure such voilence which a woman was the victem of days before hand rather than wasting time in their office with me. Dont get me wrong but i admitted i was in the wrong and thats fine they're only doin their job but it does seem that their principles are all to f**k.

Heres another point............why the f**k should it take a stabbing to get Police out on the beat in the first place!!!! :angry:

Your case is just another example of how Police resources are wasted on the same old same old "motourist persecution!!!!" :angry::angry::angry: Don't help that some Officers are so far up their own a :tsktsk: e! :angry:

Sorry.....rant over!

Was it raining? I know I like to be in the office when its wet out.

Guest inicol63

The Police today do not seem to be interested in anything other then motoring offences.

If you need to sort out any crime away from motoring they dont even attend.

I think it is because we the motorist are easy pray.

They should have been watching the street before this poor woman got stabbed, to little to late sounds normal

The Police today do not seem to be interested in anything other then motoring offences.

I think it is because we the motorist are easy pray.

They should have been watching the street before this poor woman got stabbed, to little to late sounds normal

sad but true....

that's tough dude.

i have blue parking lights, but down here in London, I only ever see police in petrol stations, stopping to buy sweets and crisps..I wonder if I would get done for my blue interior LED setup..but I suspect they would only see that if they came and sat in my car, which is highly unlikely.. :D

lol, i'd be dammed if i let poilce in my car again. last time they were in my old saxo (lol) they only seemed to find things i really wish they hadn't lol. so true about the petrol station thing though, went in past a tesco on my way home and there they were in buying food lol. i would usually say hi or what to keep them sweet but wasn't in the mood tonight lol.

I make it clear I have no time for the Police in my area.......there f*****g useless! Be better off sorting issues out myself, but then im the so called criminal!

What we need is a Police officer thats more effecient than 90% of the current UK officers......

Chief Wigam!!!! :D

Didn't realise that it was illegal to have blue lights for side-lights, thought they could only pull you for flashing blue lights or very bright blue ones? Don't think they do it so much to make the money anymore it's more to meet their targets and make government statistics look good. What a complete waste of police time though!.

I have been pulled over before just as I was driving past an industrial estate on the way home late one night, the officer thought i was going in their for a bit of hanky panky with my girlfriend and kept saying "you had your indicator on to turn into the estate" which i didn't. I told the officer I've got a better place than a car to do that kind of thing in so they let me go. The other officer that was with her was so embarrassed he was like "off you go then" :lol: They obviously thought they could get away with adding me to their stats too.

My uncle used to work in the police force but he left as he was really tired of have nothing better to do than meet government targets all the time, he felt his real job had been taken away from him.

The nearest police station is 30mins from us which is quite useless if you have some crazed axeman at your front door. The CSO's (community support officers) do a really good job around here compared to the police I'm quite proud of them.

Since the introduction of CPO's we have not seen one once round our way after dark,granted you see them through the day on High St's and even car parks...total waste of money IMHO,local cop shops are only 9 to 5 :o .I think all local government services should be paid for those that use them i.e police,fire brigade and ambulance and as for paying extra for the Olympic Games... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

do be so hard on the police! im sure they give 100%

15% on monday

25% on tuesday

30% on wednesday

20% on thursday

10% on friday

:lol:

totally agree. they should sort thereselves out. at the end of the day. does it really matter if someone has blue sidelight bulbs? im sure people dont actually believe its a police car!!!

Since the introduction of CPO's we have not seen one once round our way after dark,granted you see them through the day on High St's and even car parks...total waste of money IMHO,local cop shops are only 9 to 5 :o .I think all local government services should be paid for those that use them i.e police,fire brigade and ambulance and as for paying extra for the Olympic Games... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Our cop shop is 9-12 as it's only an office not a station apparently. I never see any police either unless they are standing next to a mobile speed camera or driving around looking for motorists to nick. I think it'd be a miricle if I ever see one on foot and not in a car.

Do you live in a city/well built up area as I never see them on foot even during the day?

do be so hard on the police! im sure they give 100%

15% on monday

25% on tuesday

30% on wednesday

20% on thursday

10% on friday

totally agree. they should sort thereselves out. at the end of the day. does it really matter if someone has blue sidelight bulbs? im sure people dont actually believe its a police car!!!

J what was their actuall reason for asking you to come to the station? i thought checks had to be done at the road side..

Think they asked me into the station purely for the reason that they had other officers arriving so it was me with 5 officers in this tiny room :unsure: once i came to the station i was boxed in behind landrover and a focus at hich point they checked out the car for anything else wrong with the car. They impounded a mates car last night because they felt it was un-road worthy, to be fair it was a nova but wasn't that bad though. I still stand by the point that they should staighten out and stop important things in life like preventing the stabbing a few nights ago. Just realised i will have to now take time off my work and drive 30 miles to go pay this thing. :tsktsk:

a motorist is an easy target, no danger involved and a quick case, you wouldnt want plod doing any work now would you! The only time i see a plod in the UK is driving into the pasty shop! there are the plastic plods about but they are as effective as a chocolate teaspoon.

Heres another point............why the f**k should it take a stabbing to get Police out on the beat in the first place!!!! :angry:
Police are not physcic, neither can they be at two places at the same time ?
Don't help that some Officers are so far up their own a :tsktsk: e! :angry:
Yes, that's very true. But so are most of the people police deal with :winky:
Was it raining? I know I like to be in the office when its wet out.
Very true.

Really ? Are you speaking from experience, or are you speaking on articles based in the newspapers and the news ? Interesting that, if they were only interested in motorists, sureley none of this would have happened ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5350424.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/5284368.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5347722.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northam...ire/4800943.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5171864.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/5112116.stm

........ but hey, let's just criticise the police all the time eh ? ;)

I make it clear I have no time for the Police in my area.......there f*****g useless!
Like, every job you get your good, and you get your crap. But your comment I feel very untrue ;) If you was to get stabbed, robbed, broken into, your family member dies, house on fire, car stolen .... who would YOU call ? Yep ... I thought so. The police :)
The CSO's (community support officers) do a really good job around here compared to the police I'm quite proud of them.
That's interesting, ther'ye pretty useless around here
Yep, that's because they are not allowed to work after 10pm, it's in there contract.

J what was their actuall reason for asking you to come to the station? i thought checks had to be done at the road side..
Nope, don't have to check at the road side. And the 7 days to produce is entirley descretionary, not a must ;)
a motorist is an easy target, no danger involved and a quick case, you wouldnt want plod doing any work now would you! The only time i see a plod in the UK is driving into the pasty shop! there are the plastic plods about but they are as effective as a chocolate teaspoon.
Really ? That's interesting. Police statistics say that vehicle stops are one of the most dangerous part of the job role. Who knows what the driver is holding ? Knife, gun ? ......... I have personally stopped a lot of cars, and have had to think quick when the driver has pulled out a knife on me ;)

Any more questions ? :D

I make it clear I have no time for the Police in my area.......there f*****g useless!

Like, every job you get your good, and you get your crap. But your comment I feel very untrue ;) If you was to get stabbed, robbed, broken into, your family member dies, house on fire, car stolen .... who would YOU call ? Yep ... I thought so. The police :)

Any more questions ? :D

:D you don't know Kazi then! he wouldnt phone the police. He'd get Freddy (the baseball bat) out and go and do some citezen's arrest! well if there was anything left of them!!! :lol: :P

Your case is just another example of how Police resources are wasted on the same old same old "motourist persecution!!!!" !

Sorry.....rant over!

:P Sorry Kaz i just had to point out your spelling mistake as I don't find them that often! :P

or maybe I'm wrong :question:

what is a motourist :question:

tourist on a Moped perhaps :question:

:lol::tomato:

I was wondering when SF would drop by as well Fluff

:D you don't know Kazi then! he wouldnt phone the police. He'd get Freddy (the baseball bat) out and go and do some citezen's arrest! well if there was anything left of them!!! :lol: :P

And I suppose a citezen is a religious quotation :lol:

It is not an offence (as Mr Fibble stated) to have the blue sidelights.

It is an offence to have red ones. The rule is - NO RED TO THE FRONT and NO WHITE TO THE REAR. thats it fullstop.

The only blue ones that you are not allowed are those which flash or rotate as if to replicate an emergency vehicle.

I have absolutely no reason why they have asked you to go to the local police station - it is totally bizarre!!

just waiting for you to pop in, yes motorists are an easy target, no detective work really required is there
Oh thanks, I feel welcomed :)

When you have a firearm pointed at you, point blank ... with what looks like a 'easy target motorist' then you can speak :)

Untill then, get your facts right.

Criminals use vehicles don't they? - I didn't think that was rocket science really. :yawn:

I was wondering when SF would drop by as well Fluff

And I suppose a citezen is a religious quotation :lol:

ah......... errrrrrr.......yeah, it is :whistling:

It is an offence to have red ones. The rule is - NO RED TO THE FRONT and NO WHITE TO THE REAR. thats it fullstop.

The only blue ones that you are not allowed are those which flash or rotate as if to replicate an emergency vehicle.

I have absolutely no reason why they have asked you to go to the local police station - it is totally bizarre!!

Just spoken to the 'horses mouth' so to speak and the above rule still applies - NO RED TO THE FRONT OR WHITE TO THE REAR.

I think the classic example is during Xmas time when van drivers/taxi drivers have small illuminated Xmas trees on the dash. They can have any coloured bulb they like but not RED.

Anyway, in relation to inspecting motor vehicles. Only an AUTHORISED officer (depends on the Force, not everyone is authorised) may inspect a motor vehicle - the driver should adhere to any reasonable request made by the officer and the officer himself may drive that vehicle for the purposes of a test.

In general folks, don't fall out with the police. They'll be the first people you will call, when you really need them.

apart from reversing lights then??? :yawn: :duh: