Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

Russdx

i want a set of coilovers for the lexus IS200 S tht will drop least 70mm (i want it low)

but as cant find any kits for it

cant find ANY THING for this car lol ppl just dont mod em or somin ?

any way any ideas were i can get a set of coilovers form thx ppl

i want a set of coilovers for the lexus IS200 S tht will drop least 70mm (i want it low)

Pm me your email address and i will send you some pics of coilovers i have :D

U need to search harder buddy. Theres tons of stuff for the IS200, contrary to what most ppl think. You can do a lot to the IS.... i mean for u guys in Europe, u have it even better as the Supercharger kit is readily available!

Chassis/suspension wise.... money is the limit for modding!

coilover kits available (in order of my preference):

-TRD yellow

-HKS hipermax LS+

-TEIN Flex

then you have the others which I have no experience with:

-TTE

-TOMS

etc etc ... as u can see lots to choose from.

Sweet Pic :D now thats to look i'm also trying to achieve, Please PM me the Pics of the coilovers and prices likly to pay for them?

Is that a TRD Kit? if so any good location to get one please?

What Rims are they mate, 19"?

Is it dropped 70mm? do you have any probs with the Speed ramps? i have lots in my area i mean lots :crybaby: and it's putting me off dropping the car by that much i was thinking 35 to 40mm with a set of 18" ? :crying:

Sorry for the Q's but i doo like to look of it, it sits just right on the road :)

Cheers Dibslpg

Sweet Pic :D now thats to look i'm also trying to achieve, Please PM me the Pics of the coilovers and prices likly to pay for them?

Is it dropped 70mm? do you have any probs with the Speed ramps? i have lots in my area i mean lots :crybaby: and it's putting me off dropping the car by that much i was thinking 35 to 40mm with a set of 18" ? :crying:

Sorry for the Q's but i doo like to look of it, it sits just right on the road :)

Cheers Dibslpg

I think coilovers are now sold.

TRD sideskirts, TTE rear lip, wheels are 18inch TTE Grand prix.

Yes i had problems with speed ramps, so the car has been put up abit from this pic :D

Cheers Dibslpg

Yes i had problems with speed ramps, so the car has been put up abit from this pic :D

Was there much damage done underneath by the ferry?

What Price are you looking for the TTE rear lip mate and what colour is it please?

might be interested in the side skirts too? (looking for a front bumper etc..)

PM me if needs be?

Cheers

Dibslpg

Cheers Dibslpg

Was there much damage done underneath by the ferry?

No mate, only to the plastic :D the back box has some scrapppppssss on it :o

What Price are you looking for the TTE rear lip mate and what colour is it please?

might be interested in the side skirts too? (looking for a front bumper etc..)

PM me if needs be?

Cheers

Dibslpg

Hi not selling rear lip or sideskirts :D but i do have a tte front bumper for sale :D lookin buy and sell section :D

i too have been looking at coilovers for a big adjustable drop... ive been looking at Tein coilovers but the max drop doesnt seem to big.... ive been told too cut the bump stops for a bigger drop. What coilovers are the best for droping to the floor?

dunno how low u want to go (practically), as on max drop, on 17" rims), my car when using flex was dropped with around 2.5" remaining between my side skirt and the ground. Couldnt handle the speed bumps and car parks, so had to raise it.

i too have been looking at coilovers for a big adjustable drop... ive been looking at Tein coilovers but the max drop doesnt seem to big.... ive been told too cut the bump stops for a bigger drop. What coilovers are the best for droping to the floor?

dunno how low u want to go (practically), as on max drop, on 17" rims), my car when using flex was dropped with around 2.5" remaining between my side skirt and the ground. Couldnt handle the speed bumps and car parks, so had to raise it.

Agree with that.

My Tezza is lowered about 50mm (2") and I have problems with some speed bumps. That gives about 10mm gap between the tops of the tyres and the wheel arch on stock 17's.

Another aspect to consider is the geometry, with the car at this height the rear camber can't be recovered to within spec, the camber adjusters are maxed out. I am running -2 degrees on the rears and that gives a little more tyre wear on the insides any lower and the problem will get worse. On the fronts I get minor rubbing on the inner wheel arch sometimes.

If you start cutting bump stops you may get into areas where the strut will bottom out internally and may get damaged, also at speed the chassis rails will scrape the ground before the bump stop does its job. I had an indident recently where a shower of sparks was seen coming from under the car when I hit a pot hole :crybaby:

im looking at about 50/60mm drop, its lowered 30mm on eibach springs at the moment it sits flush on the front but needs to be a bit more lower.

on the back it sits like a kite!. some serious drop needed.... I know its going to be a big job as i have 19x8" wheels. Ive been told the rear wheels are static camber. so the rear wheels should sit nicely under the arches with a bit of help.

Yup, lower you go down the camber will go negative...

Running pretty extreme offsets at the mo, (8x19s +37mm, 9.5x19s +43mm) but needed some major arch fettling

Am, perhaps you could upload a pic of your car with the rear wheel camber as an example of large negative camber.

Yup, lower you go down the camber will go negative...

Running pretty extreme offsets at the mo, (8x19s +37mm, 9.5x19s +43mm) but needed some major arch fettling

Am, perhaps you could upload a pic of your car with the rear wheel camber as an example of large negative camber.

Ok well on 17s, this was lowered don't know how much... maybe 80-90mm?

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

That was around -3deg all round..

On the 19s, before i went agressive on the spacing..

Resize%20of%20Picture%20043.jpg

Resize%20of%20Picture%20045.jpg

Rears, shaved in those pics, front hardly touched, other than the tyre just rubbing the inserts and making room :lol:

Now i have shaved rears, and Rolled and flared, same at the front. Rears are pushed out 12mm more from the above pics, and fronts 8mm.

Cam on 19s is -2.5-3deg front, -3-3.5deg rear.

Sure it looks good, but you will go through tyres in no time, like 4000miles tops! :o