Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Bang For The Buck Replacement Amp

folks,

i've replaced my stock HU with a single DVD player. However, now i need an amp to push my speakers, as the HU is too weak (even tho its 20W x 4 RMS, which seemed ok from the spec), as compared with my original HU+factory amp.

What do you recommend as the best bang for the buck replacement (can I put it in place of the factory amp?) 4 channel amp that I can use for my factory speakers? I would prefer not to have to replace the factory speakers, as I think they are quite good already.

btw, how much power can the factory speakers handle?

Thanks!

20W :o

Most stuff over here is at least 45W if nto 50W now :blink:

If you just want to run the 4 speakers then you will want a decent 4 channel amp - Kicker, Infinity, JBL will all be ok - It's been a while since I was an ICE whore though.

As for power handling on factory speakers - the best tihng to do is whip one out and have a look at the detail - should be on a sticker on the back somewhere.

hey waddy ... thats 20W RMS on the HU (50W per channel max), which I think its pretty much wat most single HUs do currently.

Kicker / Infinity no doubt will put me back a few bucks rite?

Sorry mate - that's me not reading properly :yawn:

The Kicker and infinity stuff is pricey but you get what you pay for.

How about MTX or something similar?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links