Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been Offered Some New Tyres At A Great Price

swfcdan

Ive been offered some tyres from a friend and im on the look out for them anyway

ive been offered either..............

Bridgestone Potenza RE010

or

Dunlop SP Sport 2000

both sets have 6-7mm of tread left and both a great price and are 215/45/R17

which ones should i opt for?

Ive been offered some tyres from a friend and im on the look out for them anyway

or

Dunlop SP Sport 2000

Personally I steer clear of used tyres. You dunno what accident they've been in, curbed, etc. Both should be of equal quality though.

I have potenza Re010 on the front of mine, and they seem good. Lots of good turn in and grip. I had the Dunlop's on my Audi. Good tread pattern and I believe they were better than the potenza in the wet. Dunlops are softer tyres IMHO and wear quickly!

I have the Bridgestones on the front of my IS200 the tread is still perfect but the gaps in between the tread depths has all started to crack!!!! for this reason only I would probably not by bridgestones again.

Maybe its just unfortunate to happen to me but doesn't really inspire me to go and buy another set :huh:

or

Dunlop SP Sport 2000

If you want to save money on one of the most important parts of your car (and like to live dangerously) buy used tyres (seen some very bad examples....).

Bridgestones are good tyres but have a serious aging problem (some series more than others) and tend to crack after a short time....

Dunlop Sp 2000 is a good option (think the tyres is no longer produced) and can be bought for a good price.