Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Longest Journey You've Done In Lexus?

Hello All,

Just back from 10 days trip to South of France and Royon on the coast in the Lexus and travelled 1900 miles overall and 500 in two stints. We were travelling at about 80 to 85 mph and averaged 29 miles to the galloon which surprised me.

On the day we left I had a screw in the front tyre so a quick repair was required and whilst on the trip the exhaust cat joints sprung a gas leak so had to get fixed on return, otherwise all was well, which is more than I can say for me when I strained my shoulder ligaments on the first day!

The car was absolutely fabulous to drive and be driven in. The aircon was just what we needed at times and performed well.

So Ok then I wondered to myself what longer journey's could be travelled in the Lexus and has anyone else any tales to share?

Looking forward now to finding a LS430 for next years jaunt!

Over to you

Murph

In the LS, I've done London to Scottish Highlands for a weekend a few times, and also did 1200 miles in 4 days in the LS too. The LS shrinks distances like few other cars.

Did 1100 miles to the Ring and back in my GS, but it ain't a patch on LS for cruising comfort.

Annual trips to Amsterdam ,France & Italy.Longest:Rome, 2004, in my IS 300.Used to drive from Lake Garda to Home nr. Nottingham in 18hrs.when working but nowdays stop-over nr. Geneva.Climate Control & Cruise Control has revolutionised Trans-Continental Trips.

Tel :driving:

I quite regularly do trips of 500 miles in a day (with a days work in the middle) either travelling from home in Oxfordshire to see people in Manchester/Warrington/ North Wales and sometimes to see clients in Belgium. In my LS 400-500 miles plus a full day in the middle in no trouble. Best single day journey was Home to France / Spain border using channel tunnel about 850 miles - this was 5 up with luggage for two weeks holiday going down to La Manga in Spain. Done similar trip down to Portugal last summer.

Some may remember an LOC Champagne run a few years back though don't think other who went are still members - that's a great weekend run.

My LS(MK4) is now up to 140K miles and still a dream to travel in.

:winky: did 700miles in one day from Leeds to Poole then up to Middlesbrough and bacK to Leeds and that was in a Luton Transit van, I was Fooked at the end of it, left 7.30 am home at 10.30pm.

7 hours! at what speed

113.6mph if you divide 1280km by 7 hours! :D

Farnham in Surrey, Wigan, Wrexham and return to Surrey.

1 tank of fuel and 505 miles in a day.

Arrived home as fresh as when I left in the morning.

you won't be feeling that fresh in a diesel matey!

WOW some great trips here!

Thanks for your responces.

Just a footnote I bought the LS400 to stop having to drive 1000 miles a week in my smart car and the longest journey I did in a day in the smart was 657 miles, not sure how because too tired at the end to remember so the LS is a breeze.

Just taken a new X5 and Range Rover diesel's out for test drive today and they are soo much more noisy than the Lexus.

Our bar is set very high for others to reach!!!

MURPH

• 2 weeks later...

Do not expect such a comfortable ride to the South of France if you change your LS400 for a 430. I changed my 12 year old LS400 earlier this year for a 2002 LS430 and the comfort just did not compare until I bought a set of OEM 16in wheels from the USA and fitted Dunlop SP01 225/60/16W tyres. It now is nearly, but not quite, as comfortable as my old car. I was offered £1000 for it with 67000 miles on the clock!! I refered them to a taxidermist and gave it to my daughter whose husband describes it as riding to work on a Persian carpet.

Not done any really long journeys in the Lex (unless you count Epsom to Warrington as long, which I don't!) but did Caen - Casablanca in 2 1/2 days - about 1700 miles. 3 days including a whole afternoon on a boat crossing the Straits of Gibraltar. That was on a Yamaha R6 motorbike, really built for 25 laps of Brands Hatch or a Sunday afternoon thrash to Box Hill, not being loaded like a carthorse with tent and luggage!!

Excellent trip though... B)

Mike

Length of Spain (Santander to (near) Ronda) in a Ser 2 Citroen CX. Over heated (dodgy connector, I discovered eventually) as I drove off ferry! Later (I was there for 6 months) the air-con packed up....in July, when it stays about 40 degrees for ever!

But it IS a lovely car to drive in. Nearly as good as a LS 400! (But better looking?)

Now, if they could fit the Citroen DS body on to the LS chassis/engine, it'd be my ideal car.

• 2 weeks later...

Britain to Denmark (long way through France, Belgium and Germany) around 1000 miles....all this a week after buying the car and getting it through an MOT. The back again three weeks later.....total mileage in the first six weeks of having the car was 3500 miles without missing a beat.