Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering

Dizz

Just wondering what my options are for lowering my RS200, have asked in a few of the shops around here & none of them knew anything bout what's available...

Anywhere I seem to look (KYB, Koni, etc) they all seem to be for the IS200 which the Altezza is lower than anyway...

Not looking to spend a huge amount either :blush:

The IS and the RS are much the same in terms of suspension bits that fit, AFAIK the stock RS is not lower than the IS anyway. The RS is a bit lighter so spring rates would differ but not by that much, so any lowering spring for an IS should work for you.

The IS and the RS are much the same in terms of suspension bits that fit, AFAIK the stock RS is not lower than the IS anyway. The RS is a bit lighter so spring rates would differ but not by that much, so any lowering spring for an IS should work for you.

Oh really??? Thought I read somewhere before that the RS is lower :duh:

One of the sites said fitting their lowering springs to IS200/RS200 "sports suspension" won't lower the car :blink:

One of the sites said fitting their lowering springs to IS200/RS200 "sports suspension" won't lower the car :blink:

Could be the same as the IS Sport at -25mm compared to the SE

Could be the same as the IS Sport at -25mm compared to the SE

yep thats right

Hey Dizz the Rs is already 15mm lower than a standard IS so if you got a set of eibach springs that lowered it 35mm you would only actually be lowering it additional 20mm. Went to the Tuning Factory off Kylemore road trying to source some lowering springs and all they do is a full coilover kit for 890 + fitting. Rang up couture auto in Dunboyne yesterday they do lowering springs(35mm) for 500 + fitting and they are some make ive never heard of.(Estella?) Think the best bet is buying them online, not sure where, im sourcing some myself to. Are you looking to get lowered or just want to improve the handling? If its the handling i'd say upgrade the anti-roll bars to something stiffer, thats on my to-do list also, but cant find any reasonably priced ones anywhere in Ireland :duh:

The early IS Sport (and presumably the RS) were 15mm lower than the IS200 SE. Later models were -25mm but I don't know the date of the change, think it was in 2000.

The Eibach's are -30mm, PI's are -35mm. I paid about £150 for the PI's on the IS not including fitting.

Went to the Tuning Factory off Kylemore road trying to source some lowering springs and all they do is a full coilover kit for 890 + fitting

Probably D2 coilovers were they? Know the lads out in Tuning Factory fairly well, never had them do any work on my car tho obviously lol

€500 for springs is rediculous money, would never pay that!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dizz, i jus ordered a set of tein lowering springs which drop it about 35-40mm, got dem from eastcoast alloys for about 260 euro's

Sorry just seeing this now, was away in the sun :D

Have you got/fitted them yet???

dizz, i jus ordered a set of tein lowering springs which drop it about 35-40mm, got dem from eastcoast alloys for about 260 euro's

hows things dizz i lowerned my car on cobra springs and if your lookin 4 a spring that will keep the comfort of standerd spring then cobra are your spring .im not knocking tein or any of them they are top quality but can be very hard, & as u know our roads are a joke :offtopic: . i payed €240 for them from east coast alloys

and its is200 springs ur looking for they are the same as the tezza :winky:

hows things dizz i lowerned my car on cobra springs and if your lookin 4 a spring that will keep the comfort of standerd spring then cobra are your spring .im not knocking tein or any of them they are top quality but can be very hard, & as u know our roads are a joke :offtopic: . i payed €240 for them from east coast alloys

Excellent! Thanks a million mate!

Ye roads are a joke, my car's not even lowered & I've scraped the bumper a few times :(

alright man how much of a drop did the springs give ye?

• 2 weeks later...
have dem fitted a week now, its taken da gap between arch and wheel down to a minimum.. little harder but not uncomfortable hard

This is the Tein ones ye? I got a nice price on a set, said they're 35mm lowering on front & 23mm on back...

Does this mean it'll lower my front 20mm & my back 8mm????

have dem fitted a week now, its taken da gap between arch and wheel down to a minimum.. little harder but not uncomfortable hard

This is the Tein ones ye? I got a nice price on a set, said they're 35mm lowering on front & 23mm on back...

no it mean u'll get da 35 on da fornt and 23 at da back.,, it took da gap out of da arches between my wheel and arch,, looks good now,, der not expensive either,, i fit dem myself,, also have a tein front strut brace on its way too

no it mean u'll get da 35 on da fornt and 23 at da back.,, it took da gap out of da arches between my wheel and arch,, looks good now,, der not expensive either,, i fit dem myself,, also have a tein front strut brace on its way too

Have you had the geometry adjusted to compensate?.... as your camber must be way out now.... :winky: