Sign in to follow this  
maneesh

How To Paint Stone Chipped Grille On Sport Model?

the actual metal grille on my mk2 sport has become very tatty, as from stone chips etc. you can see white spots, where the black paint has been chipped away.

what paint could I use to repaint the grille? it's matt finish right now, I'd want to stick with that.

Is it just a case of buying a tin of paint that is designed for external use (e.g hammerite)?

Hi Maneesh....without getting into fusion bonded epoxies and all that stuff (which are the REAL hard wearing coatings) no ordinary paints will withstand stoning so my suggestion would be just to use a normal can of spray and touch it up often. Can`t be more than a 10 minute job.

Loved your 7 sec mowtah by the way :winky:

Andy

im supprised you dont change it for something with a bit O bling :)

Steve

im supprised you dont change it for something with a bit O bling :)

Steve

Wot a cool idea dude..perhaps I should spray the grille bright silver rather than matt black! Right, down to Halfords tonight then!!! :blush:

so how does one remove the L badge from the grille? Looks like 3 points it's attached to, tried to pull from behind with pliers but no joy.

Thanks to Andy, I got some matt black paint from Halfords. 4 coats later, I put it back on. Whilst trying to take the L badge off, I ended up breaking the retaining clips, hence it's now anonymous looking from the front.

97548949-M.jpg

97548865-M.jpg

Not bad dude,

not sure if I like it with or without the L badge, think it looks a bit meaner without

Loads of stone chips on the bumper and bonnet :(

Looks like you done a good job, you really need to put the L back on, theres not enough bling on the front :winky:

Hi Pimp.....I don`t think it`s too bad looking at that. You SHOULD have covered the badge in vaseline (or similar) then washed it off after painting.

Nice job though mate.

Andy

I think it looks better de-badged B)

Nice job by the way :winky:

Hi Pimp.....I don`t think it`s too bad looking at that. You SHOULD have covered the badge in vaseline (or similar) then washed it off after painting.

Nice job though mate.

Andy

thanks, im not the type of guy that has vaseline lying around though :D

Any real pimp has tonnes of the stuff kicking around :lol:

Looking better though than it did mate, not sure about the debadge though, to be honest I always prefer the cars with the badge on, just breaks things up a little bit

Nice job though mate.

Andy

:P :P All I can say then mate is to get a life. Ye dunno what you`re missing :winky: