Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Paint Stone Chipped Grille On Sport Model?

the actual metal grille on my mk2 sport has become very tatty, as from stone chips etc. you can see white spots, where the black paint has been chipped away.

what paint could I use to repaint the grille? it's matt finish right now, I'd want to stick with that.

Is it just a case of buying a tin of paint that is designed for external use (e.g hammerite)?

Hi Maneesh....without getting into fusion bonded epoxies and all that stuff (which are the REAL hard wearing coatings) no ordinary paints will withstand stoning so my suggestion would be just to use a normal can of spray and touch it up often. Can`t be more than a 10 minute job.

Loved your 7 sec mowtah by the way :winky:

Andy

Hi Pimp.....I don`t think it`s too bad looking at that. You SHOULD have covered the badge in vaseline (or similar) then washed it off after painting.

Nice job though mate.

Andy

thanks, im not the type of guy that has vaseline lying around though :D

Any real pimp has tonnes of the stuff kicking around :lol:

Looking better though than it did mate, not sure about the debadge though, to be honest I always prefer the cars with the badge on, just breaks things up a little bit

Hi Pimp.....I don`t think it`s too bad looking at that. You SHOULD have covered the badge in vaseline (or similar) then washed it off after painting.

Nice job though mate.

Andy

:P :P All I can say then mate is to get a life. Ye dunno what you`re missing :winky: