Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dba Discs?

skeet94

Just been looking for discs to go along with my Supra TT 4 pot Calipers and the rear stock 1 pot Calipers...figured since I'm upgrading I may as well do it once and do it right.

Currently I'm looking at picking up a set of Goodridge Stainless Steel lines and some Motul 5.1...so now I'm looking at narrowing down discs and pads to go along with them.

Came across the DBA 5000 series discs...for the fronts and a set of DBA Gold Slotted rotors for the rear.

Has anybody had experience with any DBA discs? Which pads would one go with for maximum performance, with low noise...with brake dust not being an issue whatsoever.

TIA

Just been looking for discs to go along with my Supra TT 4 pot Calipers and the rear stock 1 pot Calipers...figured since I'm upgrading I may as well do it once and do it right.

Currently I'm looking at picking up a set of Goodridge Stainless Steel lines and some Motul 5.1...so now I'm looking at narrowing down discs and pads to go along with them.

Came across the DBA 5000 series discs...for the fronts and a set of DBA Gold Slotted rotors for the rear.

Has anybody had experience with any DBA discs? Which pads would one go with for maximum performance, with low noise...with brake dust not being an issue whatsoever.

TIA

I've got DBA gold on the front of my 200 Sport with Mintex pads. Don't have a problem with excessive dust, but you are going to get some anyway...if you didn't, you'd have glazing of the pads leading to very hot discs and also a large loss of braking efficiency. they're designed to wear :yawn:

How long have you had the Gold discs? Any warping since you've had them? How is the brake fade? Asking as they only do the Gold discs for the GS300/Aristo...they don't do the 5000 series but since I've got the Supra calipers I can get away with using the 5000 series discs hehehe...and brake dust is not an issue whatsoever...even if I got like 5 mm of brake dust after a 2 hour drive I wouldn't mind as long as the brakes performed lol.

Anybody else have any experience with them?

if u want to change to 5.1 i think u have to properly flush the system out and also check it is compatible with your existing seals and hoses etc
Are you confusing DOT 5.1 with DOT 5? DOT 5 is silicone-based and is not compatible with DOT 3, DOT 4, and DOT 5.1.

How long have you had the Gold discs? Any warping since you've had them? How is the brake fade? Asking as they only do the Gold discs for the GS300/Aristo...they don't do the 5000 series but since I've got the Supra calipers I can get away with using the 5000 series discs hehehe...and brake dust is not an issue whatsoever...even if I got like 5 mm of brake dust after a 2 hour drive I wouldn't mind as long as the brakes performed lol.

Anybody else have any experience with them?

They've been on the 200 for two years now. They're cross drilled and were a slight improvement on the OEM's which are more than adequate for the 200 anyway. I've yet to see a warped disc of any brand, it's a total misnomer. Just make sure you bed them in properly. ;)

Trust me my EBC's are warped lol...not BADLY but cause steering vibration during braking :).

The discs were already on there from two years ago since I've had the car, but the main reason for warpage is due to the fact of doing a few top end sprints and braking and holding the footbrake...now you can imagine how hot the brakes were :).

Anyways your opinion has definitely persuaded me to pick up the DBA discs ... DBA 5000 series for the fronts on Supra calipers and DBA Gold series for the rear on stock 1 pot calipers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links