Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E B C, Mintex, Ferodo, Brembo, Blueprint

Rob's Lexx

why wouldnt you touch ebc,have you had a bad experience?

I have ebc all round on mine now and i think they are better than the stock ones, but i have heard its best to use the pads and discs together EBC stuff has varying amounts of kevlar in them so its more abrasive (greater co-efficeint of friction = better stopping). Time will tell though its still early days i've only just got over bedding them in this weekend just gone.

Everyone i know who has tried EBC pads with OEM discs, hated them. (not talking about people with just Lexus's alot of other cars)

I wouldn't use them based of the bad experiences others have had. If they work for you, thats great. But i wouldn't touch em myself. This is just my opinion.

Besides, i have BBKs and am more than happy :D

why wouldnt you touch ebc,have you had a bad experience?

I have ebc all round on mine now and i think they are better than the stock ones, but i have heard its best to use the pads and discs together EBC stuff has varying amounts of kevlar in them so its more abrasive (greater co-efficeint of friction = better stopping). Time will tell though its still early days i've only just got over bedding them in this weekend just gone.

to clarify this i have ebc green stuff pads all round and ebc grooved and dimpled rotors at the front and ebc standard at the rear, so i don't have a mix and match issue

So all those using mintex (non EBC pads for that matter) what are your wheels like re brake dust.

OEM pads i found were REALLY poor and i found the wheels were black in days.

Greenstuff pads keep my wheels cleaner for a hell of a lot longer.

The reason for the excessive dust is in the compound of the brake pad. Less dust means there harder compound, and more means there softer.

I get about the same amount of brake dust with my BBKs as i did with my std. brakes, and brembo crossdrill/grooved with Axis pads..

Infact, i now get brake dust not just on the wheels, but half way down the car!!!! :o could be the 6pots then.

( this springs to mind: Ever see F1 cars when the brake and all that dust comes out? )

My Mintex pads are very dusty... ( OEM discs)... I was thinking of trying Black Diamond next time round for a change...... anybody hate these?

I have black diamond front (drilled and grooved) and back (grooved) discs. Expensive but very, very good. I am using greenstuff pads and havent found a problem. No where near as much brake dust either.

A little softer than i would like but then i should be using red stuff as that is suited for 200bhp+.

Just to make you all ill i have picked up a full set of mintex discs and pads for £100 :)

by full set, do u mean front AND rear discs and pads?? :o :o

if so...i now feel :sick::sick:

is this a price that can be repeated from your supplier??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links