Sign in to follow this  
Mr Morse

Lcd Monitor Calibration Software

dont worry if it is free just downloadable the free part is easily cured

Any recommendations for free downloadable software to recalibrate my monitor please? :D

Am I missing the point here.....?

Surely you just hit the Auto button (or whatever its called on your machine) on the front?

Not quite, if you're trying to set a monitor up for say Pantone colour matching then you need to get a physical swatch and use that to compare colours - that way what you see really is what you get :)

Is that the sort of thing you're after Mike?

If you've got any of the Adobe apps like Photoshop then you should have a tool or option somewhere for Adobe Gamma - that should let you get things better I think?

If you've got any of the Adobe apps like Photoshop then you should have a tool or option somewhere for Adobe Gamma - that should let you get things better I think?

Perfect - Gamma did the trick!

Not quite, if you're trying to set a monitor up for say Pantone colour matching then you need to get a physical swatch and use that to compare colours - that way what you see really is what you get :)

Is that the sort of thing you're after Mike?

Ah hah - you learn summat every day........................ :P

Don't forget to set your monitor for RGB for daily use, and CMYK if you do alot of printing. :)

(i.e What you see is what you print)