Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Main Power Been Cut Causing Headunit To Forget Settings

ok this is a bit weird

first ill explain wot is happening when i turn car on cd player (after market panasonic) turns on but has lost all its settings and asks me to eject cd and blah blah now i turn car off lock it unlock it turn car on and the cd player is fine will start playin cds and has not lost any bass settings or nothing so the main power isnt been cut

yet if i leave the car 15min (locked) and come back the cd player has lost all its settings again and wants me to eject cd and blah blah like the power has been cut

how come after a certain amout of time the the cd player main power gets cut ?

is there any way to have it wired up so the main power never turns off just the ignition in turns it on and off

if you take the stereo out there should be a connector in the back of it, have a look for a RED and Yellow single wires, these should be your power in and remote in. remote turns on the unit when key turned and power so that setting are not lost. there's normaly 2 ball clips factory fitted to these, just pull red out and yellow and swap them so yellow lead goes into red clip and visa versa, that normaly cures it. if not you may have to run a wire from the Battery to the stereo or spur off from another permenant power wire.

someone may be able to give you better advise but this normaly works for me.

hope this works

Craig

yeah i no were ur coming from buddy

whats getting me is tho that sort of setup seams to work the ignition is turning the actual headunit on and off (like the yellow should do) and if u turn it on and off and take the keys out and stuff its even remembering the settings (like the red wire is stayin solid on) so all seams to work its just after say 15min with car been locked the red seams to die

dunno if all power is cut of u dead lock the car or wot lol might just get a voltmeter out n see wot happens on the red wire hehe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links