Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Illegal

lee_iceman

Aren't they supposed to be sat on the same side of the road as the oncoming traffic?

yup but in this case i would bet that they are a mobile speed camera unit. Having flourescent yellow and green on the side is probably obeying guidelines for traffic safety but just about. They have no intention of chasing ppl but rather sit back with a joint and a cup of tea in the back and laugh at how hard their days work is, probably with a bottle of sambuca taking shots each time they catch someone. <- joking (ish)

I dont think it is a good example of speed enforcement but it is a visible deterrent and thats the in thing these days. Any van at the side of the road will cause me to brake and then check the speed i am doing, i dont speed but i do tend to go a small bit faster if the general flow is that way inclined. at speed i will rather keep my eyes on the road and rear view mirrors if braking than check the speedo.