Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery!

Ellz

Hey guys since putting in my sounds etc my Battery has been on the blink, even after charging it yesterday i started it, drove to the bank, then started it once again drove to work, when i came back to it after 8 hours it had trouble starting.

Ive checked and when car is locked theres only 0.03 or 0.3 v cant remember which draining out of the Battery, so all i can think of is,

A) Battery is dead

B) Some thing like alternator gone ???

C) something i havent herd of and one of you guys is now gonna tell me

Cheers Elliott

o year Battery is nearly 7 years old like the car

Hey guys since putting in my sounds etc my battery has been on the blink, even after charging it yesterday i started it, drove to the bank, then started it once again drove to work, when i came back to it after 8 hours it had trouble starting.

Ive checked and when car is locked theres only 0.03 or 0.3 v cant remember which draining out of the battery, so all i can think of is,

A) battery is dead

B) Some thing like alternator gone ???

C) something i havent herd of and one of you guys is now gonna tell me

Cheers Elliott

o year battery is nearly 7 years old like the car

7 years is not bad for a lead acid car Battery....these days they are cheap to replace, and I would def do so, with perhaps one of a slightly higher than normal capacity ( IE AMP/HR )....if say for instance your original was 80Amp, then assuming there is no problem with physically fitting in a larger unit, go for at least 100A or so ? The extra capacity should help with your now slightly overloaded electrical system due to all your extra audio gear etc. Get the place that fits it to check your charging rate /system whilst you are there. HTH

You could try sticking some "happy pills" which you can get for battery's from Halfords, but really they last 6 months or so if you're lucky. these re-charge the electrolytes.

I would say get a new one. You really don't need this once the temperature drops and you're stranded outside McDonalds....you'd have to eat there while you wait for recovery...

i wouldnt bother too much with the recharge kits u get IMO , if the Battery is 7 years and has lasted this long then that was good, batteries norm last about 4 years, now because u have put extra load on the system the weak point ( battery) has started to go.

Go for a bosch silver Battery, bit expensive but worth it in the long run, "fit and forget " type. when the weather starts getting colder then the first decent drop in temp will kill batteries that are past their best

If you need a new Battery contact

Andre Mahase

Premier Batteries UK LTD

The Old Barn

Station Rd

Upper Broughton

Melton Mowbray

LE14 3BQ

premierbatteriesuk@fsmail.net

01664 823891

07883 098934

Tel him I (craig shepherd) gave you his number. he'll be cheaper than Halfords or places like that because he supplys Halfords!

I got one same day from him, he lives in the next village to me and I think it was about £40- £45 when Halfords wanted £60. My Battery has been fine since and no problems.

Im not sure about postage but give him a ring and ask him. he's really helpfull.

Craig

i wouldnt bother too much with the recharge kits u get IMO , if the battery is 7 years and has lasted this long then that was good, batteries norm last about 4 years, now because u have put extra load on the system the weak point ( battery) has started to go.

Go for a bosch silver battery, bit expensive but worth it in the long run, "fit and forget " type. when the weather starts getting colder then the first decent drop in temp will kill batteries that are past their best

where can you get the bosch silver Battery from? and how much? as im planning to get a new Battery for my is200

Mike i couldnt find anything on that website am i being a stupid bitch i tried the search bloomin everything couldnt find *****

what battery is it your trying to lead me to

The Battery type is a Bosch SilverAsia 6AD...common to many Toyota models. Just give Eurocarparts the reference no. and they'll sort it.

I recently bought bosch silverasia from my local Allparts. Cost me £62.

If you want the best then get optima yellow top it will last more than twice as long compared to others. It is perfect if you have serious sound system.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links