Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is There Any Other A Car That Depreciates As Much!

I've just been looking at changing my 14 month old RX 300SE navigator, mint condition 9,218 miles on the clock (cost just a tad over 38k) for a 400h.

Best price the Lexus will give me is 18k as a trade in!

Think this will be my last Lexus, previous IS300 sportcross plummented as well, but not as much 50% when just over a year old - Looks like I'll be going Audi Q7 for next car as they offered 26k

lexus are selling a car specd the same as yours,same mileage/age for £24,750,they wanna make 6K+,they need a slap.sell private

oh be realistic..they need that 6k profit to pay for the flash lexus centres and all those free coffees and leather armchairs and newspapers to read whilst you wait for them to mug you on sales & servicing... :D

Did they by any chance offer you a big front-end discount on the car you were proposing to buy?

Generally a trade-in price is made up of the trade value of your car + any discount they are prepared to give (over-allowance). However, if they give you the discount off the new car, they don't have it to inflate your part-ex price.

Even so, £18k as a trade price still seems pretty low. I assume trade prices for the RX300 are taking a knock because the model has been replaced and the remaining stock of 300's are being discounted to clear them.

I've just been looking at changing my 14 month old RX 300SE navigator, mint condition 9,218 miles on the clock (cost just a tad over 38k) for a 400h.

Think this will be my last Lexus, previous IS300 sportcross plummented as well, but not as much 50% when just over a year old - Looks like I'll be going Audi Q7 for next car as they offered 26k

Find another dealer - obviousy this particular crew do not care much for your custom. On the other hand it might just be their opening position. I traded in an 03 RX300 SE with 38k miles in Nov last year for £21,000 and got a nice disciunt off the RX400h, with parking sensors, GAP insurance and paint protection thrown in. It is possible to get a good deal with sensible dealers. Even Lexus Hyde Park offered the same trade in value, as did Lexus Reading, Swindon and Guildford. Whis dealer is being silly then? - name and shame !

Hi Kitty.

What you say is disgusting and enough to put anyone off the brand.

I have 'sightings' of Glass's Guide.

If I have got your model in the correct focus, this is what the trade 'bible' says (August prices) Deduct approx 2.5% for September listings.

RX300SE(NAV)

05 plate 17k miles

Trade £ 22200

Retail £ 24925

RX300SE (NAV & ICE)

05 plate 17k miles.

Trade £23425

Retail £ 26150

The new prices of the above models £36334 for the (NAV) and £38934 for the NAV and ICE

If I can help further with any price info drop me an E on rsaun46318@aol.com.

Why don't you publish the name of this Lexus dealer to warn other LOC members to 'keep away'...

Regards Roy

I'm also VERY concenrned with the residuals on the RX300's... new model probably will hurt the re-sale even more, as will high petrol prices etc etc.

Funnily enough when I bought mine I saw a few guides saying they had good residuals.... how things have changed...

Go to www.networkq.co.uk and look under "buyers checklists"..... you will then find a "value my car" link that will give you the glass's guide prices... all very depressing reading.

I traded my July 04 Lex RX300SE no sat nav or ice with 19900 miles on it to a Ford dealer 4 months ago and got £19800, there taking the P me thinks

Good evening everyone !

As a future RX400h owner (actually...as of tomorrow :) ), here's a bit of comment on this serious subject of re-sale value.

No doubt that selling private is worth a lot. Dealers in the uk are not as open minded as on Continental Europe when it comes to buy back vehicle. Here's an example...

Bought 2 new vehicles from the same dealer in London (German brand doing cars with 3 digits...starting with a 9, ending with a 1 !).

They always showed me 6K below what I got private as they do not care about loyal customers..they have sooooo many in London. This put me off this car maker !!!

As for Lexus, I bought mine at London Park Lane. Great service, and 7.5% discount (looked at best offers on Internet, take into account that dealers in August do not have many orders...and you can get there !). They do treat customer very well, now let's see how the follow up will be !

David

I'm also VERY concenrned with the residuals on the RX300's... new model probably will hurt the re-sale even more, as will high petrol prices etc etc.

Funnily enough when I bought mine I saw a few guides saying they had good residuals.... how things have changed...

Go to www.networkq.co.uk and look under "buyers checklists"..... you will then find a "value my car" link that will give you the glass's guide prices... all very depressing reading.

RX300 has taken a hit in residuals because of the 350 launch and a stock pile of 300's left to sell with heavier than usual discounts. HOWEVER they are gone and suprisingly the guide prices have actually INCREASED for October (upto £1100) which is rareand probably will next month too.

One thing I will add is that if you want 7.5% discount, you've got to be prepared to lose some cash. You all want the deal at the begginning and then the deal at the end, and unfortunately it doesn't work like that. If someone is knocking 7.5% then someone will beat that with 8%. then the dealer has to sell the demonstrator models, and they have to be cheaper than the 8% discounted price you can get a new one for. then the 9 month old cars get hit because they need to be cheaper than the demo's and then the 18mth old cars need to be cheaper still and so on and so on.........

Also you people have to realise what you are being offered. 18k is harsh for that age car and I would probably offer more, but its subject to mileage, condition, colour trends, however £26k?? its not worth that in a million years, but Audi are offering that against a Q7, hmmmmmm they will be standing the car in at its TTV (True trade value) of approx £19k and then lopping off 6-7k off the new Q7,,,,,,,,,,,,,, doesn't leave me with much confidence in the Q7 if they have to slice that much off a few months after launch..... look what happened with the VW Tuareg. All i'd say is check what you are being offered, many dealers (Audi ) will dress it up, I would be honest, show a discount and offer a trade price for the PX and be HONEST with the customer, after all, its them that pay my mortgage!

I'm not begrudging anyone a deal, but you cant have your cake and eat it. Sorry. :shutit:

Also look at ML and X5 Residuals as a percentage they are not too dissimilar and get the wrong spec/colour and you are going to have to take a very BIG pill!!

I think the dealer is taking the Pi$$, and the upfront discount was a few hundred £££s, will not be buying another Lexus that's for sure. I'm swaying back towards german cars. I've decided to keep the car and have just bought a old 911 RS instead :D

:tsktsk: Thats lexus for you, go for your Q7 you wont look back. :winky:

RX300 has taken a hit in residuals because of the 350 launch and a stock pile of 300's left to sell with heavier than usual discounts. HOWEVER they are gone and suprisingly the guide prices have actually INCREASED for October (upto £1100) which is rareand probably will next month too.

One thing I will add is that if you want 7.5% discount, you've got to be prepared to lose some cash. You all want the deal at the begginning and then the deal at the end, and unfortunately it doesn't work like that. If someone is knocking 7.5% then someone will beat that with 8%. then the dealer has to sell the demonstrator models, and they have to be cheaper than the 8% discounted price you can get a new one for. then the 9 month old cars get hit because they need to be cheaper than the demo's and then the 18mth old cars need to be cheaper still and so on and so on.........

Also you people have to realise what you are being offered. 18k is harsh for that age car and I would probably offer more, but its subject to mileage, condition, colour trends, however £26k?? its not worth that in a million years, but Audi are offering that against a Q7, hmmmmmm they will be standing the car in at its TTV (True trade value) of approx £19k and then lopping off 6-7k off the new Q7,,,,,,,,,,,,,, doesn't leave me with much confidence in the Q7 if they have to slice that much off a few months after launch..... look what happened with the VW Tuareg. All i'd say is check what you are being offered, many dealers (Audi ) will dress it up, I would be honest, show a discount and offer a trade price for the PX and be HONEST with the customer, after all, its them that pay my mortgage!

I'm not begrudging anyone a deal, but you cant have your cake and eat it. Sorry. :shutit:

Also look at ML and X5 Residuals as a percentage they are not too dissimilar and get the wrong spec/colour and you are going to have to take a very BIG pill!!

Audi would only quote a figure that they had had underwritten, so someone will be taking it off there hands they dont want either. :winky:

Audi would only quote a figure that they had had underwritten, so someone will be taking it off there hands they dont want either. :winky:

Methinks not my friend, £26k? If anyone is willing to underwrite that car for £26k then I will sell all my RX stock to them and sit and smoke a big fat cigar.

Thay are using ££££££'s of margin they are being chucked by Audi to get rid of the Q7's cos they're not selling that well. Great car, dont get me wrong, but if you want a car that plummets then go buy one. RX prices are on the up. If Kitty wants to shop around a bit, then a much better deal can be found easily for a new Lexus.