Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A/f Meter

lexusIT

so, here I am, sittin sad on my desk realizing how clueless I am :unsure:

wanted to install my toy a/f meter, I though "well I just hook it up to the standard o2 sensor" but then the question arise... which one?

I suppose is the one after the cat, but I don't like the idea of running a wire from the dashboard all under the car, and I'm sure te signal must be somewhere in the ecu, but where? and why am I so clueless? :o

:crybaby:

You install it about 40-50cm after the engine. :winky:

hi roadrash and thanks for your reply :D

I think I didn' t ask properly, as I was talking about the OEM o2 sensor... not planning to install a wideband just yet... so all I'm looking for is to find out if there's any wire/pin on the ecu or nearby that area that I can splice a wire into.

:P

@ i_love_my_IS200: it's just another gauge, if connected to the stock o2 sensor is pretty much useless - so I'm told, but wanna find out myself...

@mr. Morse: i will soon be hookin up my camcon and have it dyno tuned, still would love to see if I can keep an eye on the vital sign with this af meter, i.e I crank up a little the af ratio and actually see a difference on the dial... the whole purpose here is to leave me room to play w/o going for the not-so-cheap wideband...

still the q. remain unanswered... anybody know to which o2 sensor shall I tamper with? and where's the easiest spot to reach the wire? :blink:

cheers :winky:

@ i_love_my_IS200: it's just another gauge, if connected to the stock o2 sensor is pretty much useless - so I'm told, but wanna find out myself...

@mr. Morse: i will soon be hookin up my camcon and have it dyno tuned, still would love to see if I can keep an eye on the vital sign with this af meter, i.e I crank up a little the af ratio and actually see a difference on the dial... the whole purpose here is to leave me room to play w/o going for the not-so-cheap wideband...

still the q. remain unanswered... anybody know to which o2 sensor shall I tamper with? and where's the easiest spot to reach the wire? :blink:

cheers :winky:

The one after the main cat :D you might be able to tap into the wires and then up passed the gearbox (shifter) and into your car, where the gear stick is :D

I doubt very much if you will see much of a benefit unless you go for forced induction :blink:

I doubt very much if you will see much of a benefit unless you go for forced induction :blink:

could be... honestly not many IS 200 with camcon around, but I've been readin a lot here and there, and it seems to have done good with other toyota engines... now, I know crap about cars and stuff, but I've decided to give it a chance and for the kind of performance I'm after, this might just be my cup of tea.