Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speaker Upgrade (rear)

Hi All Lexi Owners.

I'm new to this club, but I have to say it seems to be very friendly, and so i joined.

Now for my question, i have just had the rear speakers on my is200 upgraded, but I now have no midrange on the rear...... anyone out there know what has gone wrong ??

Cheers //Kev

Hi lee,

I went for some JL 6x9 3 ways on advice from Huets Car Audio (Hove), but it seems they have it wrong somehow.

Since there are 4 wires to the standard speakers (you know, those strange speakers Lexus

market a actualy 2 separate speakers)

I have no idea whats wrong, but I will be going back to the shop to get it sorted out.

I'm just trying to get some info/amunition

//Kev

As far as I am aware Lexus dont do anything "extravagant" with the audio feeds... "fairly standard"..

Just make sure the speakers are adjusting according to the changes on the head unit.. fade etc..

otherwise woulds like you have some duff speakers there mate

-Lee

the amp in the lexus is an active amp, there are 2 sets of wires, 1 set for the lexus mid and 1 set for the lexus tweeter. when u change the speaker, you can only use 1 set of wires. so you only actually get "half" the sound. if you bidge both wires to the same speaker, u goose the lexus amp. u either have to change your head unit and bypass the amp or bi wire the new speaker. mail me for more info!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ok well I still have problems, so now with the help of Pete at Huets, I'm going to get it well sorted, forget the stock amp and have a new one installed.

Once it's done I'll let you know the result

//Kev

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links