Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drivers Window Tick?

alpappy

HI

My car has started to make a ticking sound from the drivers window. Has anyone had this problem I wonder if the glass needs adjusting Also As the rain has started( at last) the wiper blades seem to 'rutt' over the windscreen as they reach the return at the top..could it need new blades already( after 8 months)..if so this will be a wear and tear item.... and I sure costly

thanks

alan

Window noise, dunno, ask the audience

The wiper issue could be a result of gunk on your windscreen. Get hold of some 0000 grade wire wool and spray the screen with a 50/50 white vinegar / water solution, rubbing with the wire wool. Rinse off with water immediately.

HI

My car has started to make a ticking sound from the drivers window. Has anyone had this problem I wonder if the glass needs adjusting Also As the rain has started( at last) the wiper blades seem to 'rutt' over the windscreen as they reach the return at the top..could it need new blades already( after 8 months)..if so this will be a wear and tear item.... and I sure costly

thanks

alan

I've also got a clicking from the drivers window, started yesterday. It's actually the plastic trim at the back of the drivers window. If you press on it it goes away but comes back as soon as you release.

Another annoying rattle/creak! I'm getting fed up with the poor interior build! My car has already been back three times and I've given up, although this one is really annoying and I think i'll be paying another visit. It's such a waste of time!

How does the IS250 compare to other makes in this respect.

Most of the junior exec's rattle. All 3 series in our family do to some degree, as did 2 C Class's I test drove. So I reckon it's par for the course.

The only cars that I have ever had which did not rattle at all were the Toyota Corolla (!) and Audi A4.

Wipers - well that would be the heat. All that expending and contracting takes it's toll, and window rattle is likely to come from the seals.

Windows - mine did that too last week. I opened the window half way down and wiped the seals and the window edges down a few times, it stopped. I reckon again it could have been down to the cool, then warm temperatures.

Most of the junior exec's rattle. All 3 series in our family do to some degree, as did 2 C Class's I test drove. So I reckon it's par for the course.

The only cars that I have ever had which did not rattle at all were the Toyota Corolla (!) and Audi A4.

Wipers - well that would be the heat. All that expending and contracting takes it's toll, and window rattle is likely to come from the seals.

Windows - mine did that too last week. I opened the window half way down and wiped the seals and the window edges down a few times, it stopped. I reckon again it could have been down to the cool, then warm temperatures.

Going to take it in on Wednesday will post the outcome

alan