Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem With My Auto

xboyed

Does your car have a de limiter fitted? A faulty delimiter can cause your ect system to go haywire leading to the car to get stuck in each gear and not allow manual mode, also your engine management light and ect light would be flashing on the dash

I had this problem few weeks ago, took my car to JEM service who checked and found the delimiter fault had to get a brand new one fitted by them but it cured the problem.

Hi,

The problem could be a dirty autobox filter giving low pressure.Sounds like the fluids not been changed for a while if its black.

The clutches in the autobox could also be wornout giving lose of drive,that could be why the fluid is black from parts inside slipping and overheating.

If there is any drive at all you should find that will be when the fluids are cold and the problem gets worse as it all warms up.If there is any drive then drive at say 20 to 25 mph and with the gear selector put it in 1 and see if there is any engine breaking.

If theres little engine braking from the gearbox then it will more than likely be worn clutches in the gearbox.

If the autobox is knacked then you will be better off putting a secondhand autobox in rather than having yours reconditioned.

When they recondition gearboxs they put they replace the bear broken parts they can get away with and you will find after the warranty runs out you will have problems again ;)

Most breakers give a 30 day warranty on any parts including autoboxs so if its going to go wrong then it will more than likely break within a week or so,let alone 30 days.

If you do need a replacement box try giving Swift Lexus breakers a call,they are very helpful and Honest,

Swift....

Chips.