Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photo Compression Software?

Rob

hi,

been looking for simple photo compression software but all i find is junk, i have an image that is too large to upload and i want to reduce the file size but keep the image size, if that makes sense?

any ideas?

All depends on what eventual file size you are looking for, win xp will compress photo's for you automatically

just right click on the photo in windows explorer and select "send to mail recipient" you will then be given the option to change the file size, select what meets your requirements and click ok,

Your email client will then open up automatically with the resized picture already added as an attachment,

just save the attachment to any location on your drive and then go open it up to see what it looks like and see what the file size is, I use this method all the time for email/uploading pictures and it works fine for me.

HTH :)

hi,

been looking for simple photo compression software but all i find is junk, i have an image that is too large to upload and i want to reduce the file size but keep the image size, if that makes sense?

any ideas?

All depends on what eventual file size you are looking for, win xp will compress photo's for you automatically

just right click on the photo in windows explorer and select "send to mail recipient" you will then be given the option to change the file size, select what meets your requirements and click ok,

Your email client will then open up automatically with the resized picture already added as an attachment,

just save the attachment to any location on your drive and then go open it up to see what it looks like and see what the file size is, I use this method all the time for email/uploading pictures and it works fine for me.

HTH :)

i had a look at that but i dont use outlook on my machine at all so it just keeps asking me to set it up

Image Resizer

This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe

Very easy to use, simply highlight, and right click ........... opens up a menu with options.

I use it all the time.

I use Photoshop for stuff like this as it's got a good compression algorithm and you can preview extra compression to see how much it affects the quality..

Also way back when I used to use PC's at home I used a bit of software called LView Pro - not sure if it's still going but that was also very good for JPEG compression

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links