Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The Is200 Standard Hu Coded?

I am thinking of removing it to see what wiring set-up is but need to know is they have a security code or not :question:

Yes i is a Se model (with Amp) trying to figure out the wiring set-up and using the supplied (thanks LOC) wiring diagram. :duh:

Fitting a Aftermarket Setro, but going tohave major problems i think since ther is no wriring harness. :crybaby:

:offtopic: Would i be right that i would have to remove the Amp or Bypass it if i was to fitthe aftermarkeHu?

Once bypassed the back speakers will not work off a new Amp (Rockford Fossgate 2 chnle)?

if not would i ihvae to replace them with standard 6x9's? or can i adapt them to work off the new Amp?

too many Questions and no 1 good single point on this site for the answers :crybaby:

We should have a SE and Sports Audio Section Please? :hehe:

Cheers for any pointers.. :hehe:

Yep, no code.

This following link is a good starting point and has most of the info you need:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=128656

I recently replaced my head unit with a Sony one from my last car. Nothing special, no amps or anything complicated involved, but ended up changing all 4 speakers (and making MDF mounts for them), and installing my own speaker wiring. Lexus certainly don't make it easy for you!

thanks for the tips

but the sticker on the Windows say the stero will not work in anyother car. hence i am thinking it is coded.

I just want to play it safe, My last car's was coded and ended up paying £25 from the local audio installers to have it recoded since the dealers were asking £35.00 to dig out the original codes :duh:

Thanks, Planning to do the work over the weekend.... :ohmy::blink:

Cheers

Dibslg