Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Leak?

n_barker

Hi,

I have water dripping from the front o/s.of the car,the car is pointing downhill. The water looks to be coming from the shroud under the rear of the engine with the heat resistant material on it which is saturated,it is running forward from there. The water is clear so it's not coolant or washer fluid. Could it be coming from the air con.or is it from the recent rain we have had and it's soaked the material through? It has only started today.

Is it when you are stationary?

Cos the air con causes loads of condensation and dripping water when on.

But that is normally the nearside rear corner of the engine bay

Is it when you are stationary?

Cos the air con causes loads of condensation and dripping water when on.

But that is normally the nearside rear corner of the engine bay

Hi,

I had been to work this morning and simply parked the car on my drive,I noticed water then. After going out later and again parking up there was more water.

i think my air con drips more in the center but does sound like the aircon

i scared my grandad in my old car once as i was parked on his drive with the aircon running dripping water out and when i left he kept on ring me saying i had a water leak as he has never had a car with aircon so he did not know

i think my air con drips more in the center but does sound like the aircon

i scared my grandad in my old car once as i was parked on his drive with the aircon running dripping water out and when i left he kept on ring me saying i had a water leak as he has never had a car with aircon so he did not know

Never noticed it before though and I've had the car more than 2 years. I'm just a bit concerned.

May I suggest you turn the aircon off for a few days, and see if you still have the problem.

Other thought - try tasting it. Brake fluid is very bitter, and coolant is sweet and cloying. But dont try more than a brief taste! And then wash your mouth out.

Regards

jonm