Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250mpg

alpappy

Having driven quite a few IS250s on the exact same drive ( motorway) in similar conditions I find that while one gives 41 MPG another did 37MPG and a third 34.7MPG I wonder why similar cars show quite a range of fuel economy..Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

alan

mileages will make a difference

engines take up to 10000 miles to settle in and produce maximum power

air temps will make a difference, cooler days will produce better mpg

HI

I forgot to say all the cars had less than 2500 on the clock One drive was on a very warm day

thanks

alan

Having driven quite a few IS250s on the exact same drive ( motorway) in similar conditions I find that while one gives 41 MPG another did 37MPG and a third 34.7MPG I wonder why similar cars show quite a range of fuel economy..Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

alan

No, but if you find out how you achieved the 41 mpg (or even the 37) please let me know!! :D :D

Thanks

alan

Were the petrol tanks all filled to the same level before starting your journeys? I find that if I fill my IS250 until the pump shuts off I get artificially high mileage on the tank mileage for the first 50 miles or so. Only when the level is low enough for the needle to move off the high mark does the tank mileage indication read a more accurate MPG.

oldcro

Thanks

alan

Were the petrol tanks all filled to the same level before starting your journeys? I find that if I fill my IS250 until the pump shuts off I get artificially high mileage on the tank mileage for the first 50 miles or so. Only when the level is low enough for the needle to move off the high mark does the tank mileage indication read a more accurate MPG.

oldcro

The tanks were filled to the brim Not the same fuel though The MPG increased from low to high 37 seems the average at 70 MPH Aircon off. I also wondered about the 41..how accurate are the onboard computers..has no else had that MPG in a 250SEL Can engine tolerances be that different?

alan

The tanks were filled to the brim Not the same fuel though The MPG increased from low to high 37 seems the average at 70 MPH Aircon off. I also wondered about the 41..how accurate are the onboard computers..has no else had that MPG in a 250SEL Can engine tolerances be that different?

alan

On a recent run on A roads, some dual and steady motorway @ 75ish, my 250 SE Auto managed 42mpg....best yet with around 4500 miles on the clock. Trip distance about 200 miles. Aircon was on, and outside temp around 25 degrees. :D

I dont know what cars you are all driving ....?? I get about 9.6 litres /100 km which is no where near your figures...this is everyday driving ..not just a setupo test run.!!! :excl: :duh:

this is about 25mpg....more realistic for a 2.5 litre i suggest!!

alan.

Lots of factors could be adding to the differences. As the guys have said, the temp of the day, aircon on, when (time of day) you fill the car up (colder in the morning the fuel is more dense), whether you are using standard unleaded fuel or high octane levels, the type of driving on the day will change the the usage, and how much you use crusie control as it will use more fuel.

Also, even though all the cars have about the same amount of miles, some may be a bit looser and hence perform better. These may have been driven "harder" before you have gotten to them.

Best I have got on a long drive was around 7.5l/100Kms. Average around 10l/100kms around town.

I dont know what cars you are all driving ....?? I get about 9.6 litres /100 km which is no where near your figures...this is everyday driving ..not just a setupo test run.!!! :excl: :duh:

this is about 25mpg....more realistic for a 2.5 litre i suggest!!

Hi that is what I get on average but on pure motorway run at 70 with no traffic close to 40

alan

I've been doing some mileage tests myself on my IS250 (17,000km's/10,500miles) on the clock. Average so far is 9lt/100kms or 31mpg in a mix of city freeway driving. Decided to use 98 octane fuel (not common place in Oz) in an effort to better this. And guess what? On 4 tankfuls of this petrol (as opposed to the usual 95 octane) on the same daily routes etc, the fuel consumption went UP :blink: to 10.2lt/100km or 27mpg. Upon reverting to lower octane fuel, figures returned to 9.1lt/100??Any ideas as to why this would be?

I've been doing some mileage tests myself on my IS250 (17,000km's/10,500miles) on the clock. Average so far is 9lt/100kms or 31mpg in a mix of city freeway driving. Decided to use 98 octane fuel (not common place in Oz) in an effort to better this. And guess what? On 4 tankfuls of this petrol (as opposed to the usual 95 octane) on the same daily routes etc, the fuel consumption went UP :blink: to 10.2lt/100km or 27mpg. Upon reverting to lower octane fuel, figures returned to 9.1lt/100??Any ideas as to why this would be?

I average 25mpg on a tank. I commute for most of that and can't see how you can the figure on here unless you never actually use 1st or 2nd gear

Mine has now done just 2500 miles from new, and over the last two days I did 288 miles, on mainly motorways, and filled up as I left to start the journey. Tank average ( computer info ) is at 39.8 mpg, and overall mpg over life of car has increased from 27.8, to 28.5, as of parking in the drive an hour ago.

I did however try to be frugal on this trip, and used the cruise control almost always on the motorways involved, and peggged it at either 65 mph, or 70. During a demo run out with a friend yesterday (included in the 2 day total ) we engaged sport / power mode, gave the flappy paddles a work out, and redlined the rpm meter several times just for fun :D

Car is almost always carrying driver +1 passenger, and I live in mountaineous North Wales, and every outing ( even just to the local shops ) always involves a return home up a very steep and windy hill, to a height of around 520 feet above sea level.

Considering the total mileage so far, I am pretty pleased with the mpg for a 2.5ltr V6

I average 25mpg on a tank. I commute for most of that and can't see how you can the figure on here unless you never actually use 1st or 2nd gear

Not sure what you mean? How do you drive an auto without engaging first or second gear? :hehe:

@Eunos800, I presume that you've owned Eunos 800 before, so how does it compare with Lexus :D

Correct, had it Imported about 5 years ago with 22k on the clock, 1 owner in Tokyo, and fully loaded with toys ( for its day ).That used to average around 24 -25 mpg, but did have around 100k on the clock. It was also a bigger and I suspect heavier car....and I would add, a superb motor to boot :D ...especially as it only cost me 7k including cost of importing :o link to pictures here.....th_CarsEunos800int.jpg

th_Eunospenmachno2.jpg

[

I'm not sure how all of you are getting figures of that magnitude,

My Sel auto is just reached 1k and overall i am getting about 24.5 to the gallon

this is all urban commuting upto 12 miles each way with some slightly longer journeys

nearly all on Shell V Power (only cos the station is close to home)

I though i was doing alright as the Lexus Web page said Urban 22.2mpg

combined 31, but i'm getting no where near that.

Right foot is a little weighty especially with the TRC off ECT PWR on and in the sequential box.

OHHHHH yeah.

No problems at all so far, cleaning is a bit of a pig though, Jamboo how much for the works?

Infinity...............

I'm not sure how all of you are getting figures of that magnitude,

My Sel auto is just reached 1k and overall i am getting about 24.5 to the gallon

this is all urban commuting upto 12 miles each way with some slightly longer journeys

nearly all on Shell V Power (only cos the station is close to home)

I though i was doing alright as the Lexus Web page said Urban 22.2mpg

combined 31, but i'm getting no where near that.

Right foot is a little weighty especially with the TRC off ECT PWR on and in the sequential box.

OHHHHH yeah.

No problems at all so far, cleaning is a bit of a pig though, Jamboo how much for the works?

Infinity...............

I think you may have just answered your own question

"weighty right foot" :excl:

"ECT set to PWR" :excl:

"Flappy paddle gearchanging" :excl:

:winky:

.....you couldn't afford me pal...... :lol:

In a manual, I couldn't get more than 22 in town and 30 on a short dual carriage way run, even though I was taking it easy-ish!!

the Auto I drove around Birmingham average 26, arount Sutton Coldfield, again purely town.

.....you couldn't afford me pal...... :lol:

In a manual, I couldn't get more than 22 in town and 30 on a short dual carriage way run, even though I was taking it easy-ish!!

the Auto I drove around Birmingham average 26, arount Sutton Coldfield, again purely town.

Crikey mate ( RIP Steve :) ) do you realize how many postings you have done since arriving at this forum -4.6 per day ! AND you still have a day job ! :winky: