Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MY GS 300 DRIVES WELL BUT!! 1995 MODEL

IT HAS JUST DEVELOPED SOME SORT OF ELECTRICAL FAILURE.........

NO POWER TO STEERING COLUMN,NO DASH BOARD LIGHT,THE ALARM HAS FAILED,NO POWER TOO RADIO,NO CLOCK DISPLAY,LEFT AND RIGHT INDICATORS NO POWER(NOT WORKING).NO WINDSCREEN WIPER AND NO POWER TOO CENTRAL LOCKING.

BUT THE HEADLIGHTS WORK THE INTERIOR LIGHTS WORK, HAZZARD LIGHTS WORK. THE ENGINE TURNS OVER NICELY AND RUNS VERY WELL.

So can someone please tell me what is wrong with the electrics............... :blink:

• 1 year later...

Yeh, Hi all or those that can help please. My GS300 has developed a sudden failure of central locking, alarm system and steering lock. Nothing responds to the key. Manually I am able to enter into the driving position access via door key turn. But all electrics have failed. Plus the engine will not turn and there are no dash lights.

Had my lexus for nearly 4 years problem less and very reliable. I hope the solution is simple and cheap. Thanks for advice.

Brand new Battery, just 4 months ago. ?? after it wend dead but I got nearly 4 years out of it. New Battery is lexus fitted toyota brand 4 years cover. I am relecutant to go back to lexus straight away to avoid cost. The problem began with the central locking suddenly failing. But now as I said before complete failure. Whereas for 1 day I could still start and drive with no central locking.

Mark, old Battery was totally on its last legs I got every last bit of power from it before changing. But I understand your point. bbott man you also have a good point although I have checked all fuse boxes and there is no water present. What exactly is the water ingress ? & how did you resolve the short problem. ?One other way to check if your Battery is dead, short or other flat is via the hazards these are dead so means the Battery is also dead or there is a short. Hazards are designed to work off the Battery alone regardless of other faults.

Mark, old battery was totally on its last legs I got every last bit of power from it before changing. But I understand your point. bbott man you also have a good point although I have checked all fuse boxes and there is no water present. What exactly is the water ingress ? & how did you resolve the short problem. ?One other way to check if your battery is dead, short or other flat is via the hazards these are dead so means the battery is also dead or there is a short. Hazards are designed to work off the battery alone regardless of other faults.

there wasnt any water present when i looked either but when the fuse board was taken apart the contacts behind were all corroded and was fixed with a new fuse board :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links