Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Do With The Budget Given And Hi Newbie Here

elexes

firstly i know almost nothing about cars ..

right well while waiting on the 24 hr activation thing i was forced to read a lot of posts about various different engine components and ive set my budget and now looking for opinions on what i should do .

firstly the engine work ive 5-7k euros to spend and thats not including labour this is for the engine only . what should i put that into

the suspension im totally lost on what to do . but its budget lies between 1500-2000 euros

i was looking at the trust /greddy

now ill tell ya a bit about the car

ive only got it 7 months but im totally in love with it came into ireland standard and ive had the entire body work changed around . ive also had a 1 off exhaust system installed . which i would like to keep as it cost a bit and dose make the car stand out ( not because of its sound just the look ) ill post some pics and u can judge for yourself

what probloms will this cause when im trying to get above the 260bhp mark ?

when looking at the engine work that i want to get done should i start off by upgrading the breaks and disks first and then move onto turbocharging / supercharging . i saw a add for something while looking for different superchargers that would turn the 2.0 sxe10 into a 2.2 . i cant see how this is a good ida for the engines life but id like to know other peoples opinion on it .

is it wise to start off with a sc/turbo or should i be upgrading other pieces of the car ? gearbox cluch etc.. ?

what else will i need to switch to make the sc/turbo work best with the car ?

now the suspension - the problom is if i carry people in the car i WILL get rubbing from the front arches and if there is a dip in the road i will near the front wind breakers ( sorry i dont know the propper names for them . its the thingys infron fo the front wheels ) scrape or even the fron bumper . im not happy at all with whats in it . ( i dont know what exact coil covers are on it but i dont like them at all ) im using 18" wheels tho . i know its above the standard size but when i was on 17"standards i had the same problom

also i want to switch out all 4 lights . i know the fronts i would like hid's so if anyone has any suggestions please post .

if anyone knows any good websites for buying the equipment with quick delivery times it would be very helpfull

//

what i was offered in the first tuning garage i went to "tte supercharger" for the altezza . now i went looking for information about this supercharger and i couldnt find one for the altezza just for the is200 . which makes me weiry .

info about me and the car = i drive the car about 10 miles each day using it to get into work and back home . at weekends i usually do 150miles in it depending on the weekend tho it could be less . i dont like to drive it in the rain ... tho in ireland thats hard not to do .

i am also looking for a gazebo to put my altezza into while im detailing the outside . if anyone has any websites that sell large gazebo's it would help also .

thanks in advance lads

pics here

http://www.es-x.net/oldpants/altezza/mod/dscf1340.jpg

http://www.es-x.net/oldpants/altezza/mod/dscf1341.jpg

http://www.es-x.net/oldpants/altezza/mod/dscf1342.jpg

http://www.es-x.net/oldpants/altezza/mod/dscf1343.jpg

http://www.es-x.net/oldpants/altezza/mod/dscf1344.jpg

http://www.es-x.net/oldpants/altezza/mod/dscf1345.jpg

Hi mate, welcome to LOC, that's definitely a one of a kind exhaust system you've got there!

Doesn't it melt the bumper with the high temperatures the mufflers are reaching?

As for the TTE Supercharger for the RS200 - there's no such thing, they do one for the IS200 which is also known as the AS200 in Altezza form - they're getting muddled.

You do have plenty of options though - Zee007 has a Trust/Greddy turbo kit on his RS200 and Mr Singh on here has a Blitz Supercharger kit.

Might be worth looking into those for your car..

As for the parts, you have Prolex-UK - http://www.prolex-uk.com/ - and TDi - http://www.tdi-plc.com/ - both should be able to help you source your products :)

Hope it all goes well :D

Hows things, thats a sweet looking RS200 you have, looks like the suspension is sorted already, Exhaust seems like its more for looks than performance so you could get more out of it with a different layout. Having it that low on Irish roads isnt good, maybe try stiffen the suspension, anti roll bars. My Rs is fairly heavy on juice so more mods means even less mpg. I wouldnt fancy carrying any more than 4 people with it that low, mine is lowered 15mm and gets a lot of knocks going over ramps! It might be worth while getting it tuned in England they seem to have a better selection of places.

Where abouts are you based? from the looks of it, country somwhere if not we should meet up in Dublin

Hows things, thats a sweet looking RS200 you have, looks like the suspension is sorted already, Exhaust seems like its more for looks than performance so you could get more out of it with a different layout. Having it that low on Irish roads isnt good, maybe try stiffen the suspension, anti roll bars. My Rs is fairly heavy on juice so more mods means even less mpg. I wouldnt fancy carrying any more than 4 people with it that low, mine is lowered 15mm and gets a lot of knocks going over ramps! It might be worth while getting it tuned in England they seem to have a better selection of places.

Where abouts are you based? from the looks of it, country somwhere if not we should meet up in Dublin

im from the midlands ( offaly ) but up in dublin at liest once ever 2-3 weeks. ye the exhausts are pure show. but i love them they cause a good deal of intrest. the thing is my focus was lower then the altezza but it still was able to get around fine . the suspension just seems crap . i can usually tell if the person in the passenger seat is over 12 stone just by the way the car handles . it annoys me

the exhausts are made from carbon fiber so there is not much heat from them behind them there are also air holes cut into the bumper to make sure it dose get some cooling

im not bothered much about mpg. when i bought the altezza i was looking for a evo so its bound to be better then the 12mpg they give

Hello and welcome to LOC, another Irish owner.... we're taking over :P

Another site to check out are FENSPORT.... they do a blitz supercharger for 3000 pounds sterling and a blitz turbo for 5500 if memory serves me .... good site and not silly prices

nice colour and front bumper, but ...........................IMO that exhaust setup doesn't suit the Altezza and cheapens it down to corsa level, but it's your car so I'll shut up now :tomato:

there is a user on here sometimes "Lancio" he bought his supercharged Altezza from Fensport iirc, maybe hop an email off him to find out what else needs doing

firstly the engine work ive 5-7k euros to spend and thats not including labour this is for the engine only . what should i put that into

what problems will this cause when i'm trying to get above the 260bhp mark ?

you can achieve 260bhp (at the fly) with a SC or TC, running low boost on standard internals no probs

think Mr Singh is aiming for the 300 mark on standard internals with a SC

you can get uprated internals and even bore it out to 2.2, Mark at TDI can help you out with this so give him a call but think this mod can be quite costly

think Mr Singh is aiming for the 300 mark on standard internals with a SC

you can get uprated internals and even bore it out to 2.2, Mark at TDI can help you out with this so give him a call but think this mod can be quite costly

I think Zee is hitting around the 300 mark with the Trust / Greddy turbo kit, that was installed at the Prolex UK place near Manchester and mapped over at Thor Racing near Coventry - I know Pete at Thor had some 3S-GE engines lying around, not sure if he also had some uprated internals though?

Welcome to LOC.

Saw pictures of the car on detailing World Forum. Defo not a fan of the exhaust, I think it looks :sick: But hey its your car!

If you want something around 260hp reliably... I'd look at the greddy turbo kit, it costs very little and will get you 265-280hp.

S/C is more expensive and requires you to change your driving style. If you want very aggressive power then it might be good option, but remember they eat belts and will severely hammer the stock clutch, so that would require upgrade same time. Expect 265-280hp.

if i chose the greddy would i be able to in the future switch it out for a more powerfull turbo ? im guessing yes ?

http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/839 would this kit be the one i would be looking for ?

has anyone bought anthing from them befour ?

i was looking at http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/460 for a new cluch. wise ?

hows everyones day ? its dry here time to wash the car

also should i take out some of the greddy parts that come in the kit and put in some better ones ?

anyone know a good vvti controler ?

i hear power enterprise do one but having probloms finding one atm .

commenting on the suspension components (assuming you dont have them already), for 2K euro you can get TRD yellow coilovers + yellow ARB + chassis brace front (triangle) and back (square).

With the above, that should tighten you car up real good and put you on rails.

Just beware of speed bumps if you install the back chassis brace, as it decreases the ground clearance by around 1 to 1.5 inches.

if i chose the greddy would i be able to in the future switch it out for a more powerfull turbo ? im guessing yes ?

http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/839 would this kit be the one i would be looking for ?

has anyone bought anthing from them befour ?

i was looking at http://www.nengun.com/catalogue/product/460 for a new cluch. wise ?

hows everyones day ? its dry here time to wash the car

also should i take out some of the greddy parts that come in the kit and put in some better ones ?

anyone know a good vvti controler ?

i hear power enterprise do one but having probloms finding one atm .

Yes you can go for bigger turbo, but thats not the best move. You might want to go for uprated internals, stock CR is quite high i wouldn't add a bigger turbo without doing the internals first.

The Clutch looks fine.

a inch is a lot to loose esp in ireland with these bad roads ... ill be going into a garage to get new front brake disks and pads fitted on saturday so when the car is on the lift i hope to go over the car with the mechanic and a track day expert ( dono im told he is ) how what would be the best setup

You might want to go for uprated internals, stock CR is quite high i wouldn't add a bigger turbo without doing the internals first.

sorry but whats cr stand for ? cheers for info btw your proving to be a 1 stop answer for everyones probloms

im about to order the below . anyone know anything else that i would need ?

im not sure if the trust bold on kit comes with intercooler

15022 Altezza Single Plate Ogura Clutch SXE10 3S-GE ¥107000

US988.45 ¥107000

US988.45

15040 Altezza Flywheel Ogura Clutch SXE10 3S-GE ¥45000

US415.70 ¥45000

US415.70

24361 Altezza Power Intake NA-Type Apex SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥14800

US136.72 ¥14800

US136.72

69542 Altezza Bolt On Turbo Kit Trust SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥240000

US2,217.09 ¥240000

US2,217.09

70466 Altezza V-SPL Front Mounted H248 x L600 x W76 Trust SXE10

im about to order the below . anyone know anything else that i would need ?

im not sure if the trust bold on kit comes with intercooler

US988.45 ¥107000

US988.45

US415.70 ¥45000

US415.70

24361 Altezza Power Intake NA-Type Apex SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥14800

US136.72 ¥14800

US136.72

US2,217.09 ¥240000

US2,217.09

70466 Altezza V-SPL Front Mounted H248 x L600 x W76 Trust SXE10

You dont need the power intake.

If it were me i'd get the Blitz Turbo kit, comes with injectors and thicker HG... Saves you upgrading later, good for 320hp.

However if its all you can afford, get yourself a Apexi Power FC ECU. Much better than the Emanage that comes with the turbo kit, hell its better than an Emanage AND Camcon combined!!

You might need bigger injectors witht he Power FC ECU, it'll extract few more ponies over the Emanage/Camcon combined.

updated list . *** its going to kill my bank ballance

US988.45 ¥107000

US988.45

US415.70 ¥45000

US415.70

US2,217.09 ¥240000

US2,217.09

70466 Altezza V-SPL Front Mounted H248 x L600 x W76 Trust SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥99000

US914.55 ¥99000

US914.55

4850 Altezza Quick Shift TRD SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥38000

US351.04 ¥38000

US351.04

68773 Altezza Rear Trunk Bar Cusco GXE10.SXE10 98.10~ 1G-FE.3S-GE ¥7500

US69.28 ¥7500

US69.28

14591 Altezza Type OS Front Strut Cusco SXE10 98.10~ ¥15000

US138.57 ¥15000

US138.57

14592 Altezza Type OS Rear Strut Cusco SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥15000

US138.57 ¥15000

US138.57

13439 Altezza Brake Disk(Rear/Left) TRD SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥16000

US147.81 ¥16000

US147.81

13438 Altezza Brake Disk(Rear/Right) TRD SXE10 98.10~ 3S-GE ¥16000

US147.81 ¥16000

US147.81

If i had that much to spend....

Out of that list, i would ditch the Greddy Turbo kit, and go for the Blitz or Apexi Turbo kit, both come with FMIC, and bigger turbos, injectors and HGs.

Your upgrading the rear brakes? they won't give u hardly anymore braking, purely looks.

Give me the money, i'll spend it for you

:lol:

ye i wanted to up the breaks . might give that a miss then.

i didnt see the apex turbo kit . i thought it was stoped . if they do it i would get it .

Airick Type of Turbo
looking on google now but anyone know what this exactly mean ?like is it a special type of turbo that handles the air differently then traditional turbo's ?

would it be wise to buy a seperate blow off valve ?

// edit ive been looking at the 16055 AX53B60-P18 Turbine Kit but according to http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_turbochar...5&pageNum=1 it dosnt exist . tho i cant read jap so id be a bit lost going to the jap site

Apexi turbo kit might well be discontinued. I know there was 1 for sale in Australia... It WILL be on the Jap site. It Will be listed on Taka Kaira too.

The Blitz kit, along with the HKS GT-RS were the best options out there, proper manifolds with external wastegates.

Power Enterprise one is also making a real effort with theres. I have bunch of pics somewhere, looks damn sexy!

the apexi kit is no longer available . trying to find out about the power enterprise one now . ive sent a few e-mails off to some companies . on the power enterprise website tho its a turbo charger offered in jap but when u click english its made into a supercharger ? are they counted as the same thing in jap ?