Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trader Bashing

MacRS200

My post on a previous topic was edited by Bazza and I have no complaints, I was going off topic :)

So the forum wants QUANTATIVE data for traders wares. Fair questions to ask.

Here are two threads of about the same age TOPIC 1 and TOPIC 2 and they are both about an identical mod.

Can you spot the difference?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one makes a comparison and the other does not? one is a lopt longer than the other? there is more pictures in one than the other, i know what your getting at though mate i wouldnt really like to see this can of worms opened again, Its been quite peacefull with out the aggrivated tension between traders as far as i can tell there is a history and thats the way it should remain IMHO cause they are both nice chaps

i wouldnt really like to see this can of worms opened again, Its been quite peacefull with out the aggrivated tension between traders as far as i can tell there is a history and thats the way it should remain IMHO cause they are both nice chaps

Agreed they are both nice chaps and I have no problem with either.

That "can of worms" has never been closed, witness the thread earlier today.

I just see a faction on here that are not "even handed" when it comes to demands for evaluation of traders offerings.

I dont think TDI did anything wrong as there is no way of telling what manifold that is.

Everyone knows that there are a few peeps who prefer one trader to the other, if so they should keep to there own.

People on here can make there own decsions on what they are going to buy and if they need other people to help with there decsions im sure the traders will help as much as they can.

MacRS200 i know what your getting at but you should just keep clear, i know it bugs me to but i just try and keep out of it as its only a forum its only the internet and people change when there behind a keyboard :blink: boggles me

Hi,

At the end of the day they are business and they are out to sale there products.

Ive not bought anything off any trader on here,but i say what i see and i dont find the feedback very good from one of them from all the questions ive asked about stuff.

Lets not let the traders make us take sides with all the good info and help from being able to log onto this forum.

I'm assuming that this thread was aimed at me (from Neil's comments on a previous thread)?

Granted, I'm not the most diplomatic person to ever post on this site, but I see little point in beating around the bush, so to speak.

There are far too many members here who are either blase or happy to accept anything which someone (with a potentially better knowledge of performance tuning) tells the forum. This is complete rubbish. For 15 years I worked for the #1 oilfield engineering company, where we were trained to ask questions about our own products - in order that we could provide a justified answer to our clients!

I don't give a damn about which trader posts up with some new product that suggests "20% better performance, +5bhp etc etc (my example)"........if the trader can back up his claim with some factual and quantatative results, then fine and I salute you.

But to post up some completely unsupported claim, backed up with a whole load of carefully worded marketing blurb, is just not on........and in each case where I see this happening I will continue to press the trader concerned for a definitive response. Does anyone have a problem with my approach?

Lots of love, Mike

I dont think TDI did anything wrong as there is no way of telling what manifold that is.

Everyone knows that there are a few peeps who prefer one trader to the other, if so they should keep to there own.

To be totally honest mate the only manifolds out there for the IS200 are the TDi, Prolex and ASP ones, and ASP aren't around on here any more, so it's kinda obvious who made that one, and seeing as Thom had a Prolex one - well I'll leave you to fill in the blanks!

As for peoples preferences, totally agree mate, I could make a list now of who prefers TDi and who prefers Prolex, it's obvious as a bystander reading in between the lines, for example have you down as a TDi supporter, it's not exactly hard to tell who likes which company, and it shouldn't matter! Things are skewed slightly when a moderator has a preference between traders though, ie some threads are deleted whereas others aren't - not pointing fingers just saying that if both traders on LOC on paying the same amount of money then they should both be recommended at the same time, not just one. I've always experienced good service from both TDi and Prolex (actually also ASP) and hope that I can continue to say that through experience with both companies. Both Mark at TDi and Dave at Prolex have always been helpful to me, in fact if Dave hadn't of called me to point me in the direction of my Aristo I would never have known about it!

At the end of the day I just want the products I want delivered to my address as cheaply as possible, if I use another company out of the three that's my perogative, but the competition between TDi and Prolex is good for one thing - us the consumer - and I'm always up for that :winky:

Love you too Mike :D

The "comments on a previous thread" were not aimed just at you mate.

Asking the questions is fair game, my issue is the apparent partisan way that some traders get grilled and others don't.

I have met Dave and he is an A1 bloke, I have not met Mark but have talked to him on the phone and via PM and has been very helpfull. I am not taking sides. Like Aido I did some business with ASP and had no problems either.

Let the people who are interested in the products ask for themselves.

Completely agree aido ive bought products off of both companies as well and both have given great service.

@ Mike i think its the way you try and find a fault in TDI products all the time. And when theres something good to say your know where to be found. It quite obvious who likes who but if people just stick to them selves hopefully it wont go back to the massive long threads of who did what to him and with that product etc etc etc

i don't think the problem is your questioning of the power claims, it is the rude and antagonistic manner in which you did it. no offence like.

Why? I'm an engineer not some fecking artist, so I'll ask in a way where I get a response and not some wishy-washy twaddle.

i don't think the problem is your questioning of the power claims, it is the rude and antagonistic manner in which you did it. no offence like.

Why? I'm an engineer not some fecking artist, so I'll ask in a way where I get a response and not some wishy-washy twaddle.

:lol:

:offtopic: and avoiding the issue there Mike

:offtopic: and avoiding the issue there Mike

And to which issue do you refer?

Be specific please, because your previous responses have been rather vague and nebulous to say the least.

Asking the questions is fair game, my issue is the apparent partisan way that some traders get grilled and others don't.

Let the people who are interested in the products ask for themselves.

Um......... this one?

Is that vague, nebulous or open to interpretation?

So would you care to make comment?

I asked the question......you provide the answer :D

So you are interested in an IS200 manifold then, I think NOT :lol:

Smoke and mirrors my friend (or so you think), but totally transparent to all.

And what the poop do I want with an IS200 manifiold?

Get your facts right....I was asking for quantatative results relating to this manifold, for the benefit of those interested, do you have some problem with this?

And what the poop do I want with an IS200 manifiold?

Get your facts right....I was asking for quantatative results relating to this manifold, for the benefit of those interested, do you have some problem with this?

Yup....you're not interested in the product and did not ask the same questions of a competitors manifold posted 5 days later.

IF you were interested for the benefit of the LOC members (who you appear to think have no brains) you would have :question:

IF you were interested for the benefit of the LOC members (who you appear to think have no brains) you would have :question:

I already had the information on the competitor product, hence the reason I didn't ask for it....and the reason why I DID ask...is because the other competitor was not willing to share his findings!

Does it really take a moron to explain why?

You're an intelligent guy Neil.....

I already had the information on the competitor product, hence the reason I didn't ask for it....and the reason why I DID ask...is because the other competitor was not willing to share his findings!

Why did you have that information prior to product launch, why would you want that information for an IS200 manifold that is "poop" use to you.

And if you have dyno results would you like to post them for the good of all :question:

And if you have dyno results would you like to post them for the good of all :question:

It's not my product....so I can't help you in that respect. Please refer to the trader who supplied it. I'm sure he won't have a problem...

:lol::lol::lol:

Nuf said.

Why did you have that information prior to product launch, why would you want that information for an IS200 manifold that is "poop" use to you.

Neil, the product was launched some time ago now, the dyno information was from my car. if you look, you will see that all was not well with the 1st manifold that went on my car, and i did give prolex a bashing for it too :D prolex sorted it out too :D and did say that it was all down to them, man + big of them to say so, when getting something wrong :o

now when other trader gets something wrong :o well lets blame the car or the cars parts :o

Neil, the product was launched some time ago now, the dyno information was from my car. if you look, you will see that all was not well with the 1st manifold that went on my car, and i did give prolex a bashing for it too :D prolex sorted it out too :D and did say that it was all down to them, man + big of them to say so, when getting something wrong :o

now when other trader gets something wrong :o well lets blame the car or the cars parts :o

Gord, I am not having a go at either trader. It's the one sided "have a go" that gets me.

If anyone has a beef against a trader say it loud and clear, swamping a thread and getting it closed down is not the way to deal with it.