Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trader Bashing

MacRS200

Gord, I am not having a go at either trader. It's the one sided "have a go" that gets me.

If anyone has a beef against a trader say it loud and clear, swamping a thread and getting it closed down is not the way to deal with it.

But...durh

Isn't this what it's all about?

The fact that some traders are transparent while others are not?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gord, I am not having a go at either trader. It's the one sided "have a go" that gets me.

If anyone has a beef against a trader say it loud and clear, swamping a thread and getting it closed down is not the way to deal with it.

No it's not.

It's the fact that some traders are grilled and others are not.

No it's not.

Then that's one for you to take up then........

No it's not.

Did that in post #1

No it's not.

Did that in post #1

Come a long way for nothing then. BYE

Neil i know this :D some traders are very good with words and wording things :D selling products at the end of the day :D

But when trader comes on trying to sell you something you dont need, and with wording saying that you might cause engine damage if you dont buy :o BULL and im not having it :D

Someone fell for this :o costing them over 5k for nothing, DIDN'T, YES DID NOT WORK :o shocking i know, dont like to say, told you so, but :P trader took parts off in the end and give the someone his money back, not all but some :ohmy: will trader say he was wrong NO :ohmy: NO WAY, now i can understand that, the customer will go somewhere else :) I think you might know what im on about Neil, if you want the full story please send me you number and we can have a chat :D

Neil i know this :D some traders are very good with words and wording things :D selling products at the end of the day :D

But when trader comes on trying to sell you something you dont need, and with wording saying that you might cause engine damage if you dont buy :o BULL and im not having it :D

Someone fell for this :o costing them over 5k for nothing, DIDN'T, YES DID NOT WORK :o shocking i know, dont like to say, told you so, but :P trader took parts off in the end and give the someone his money back, not all but some :ohmy: will trader say he was wrong NO :ohmy: NO WAY, now i can understand that, the customer will go somewhere else :) I think you might know what im on about Neil, if you want the full story please send me you number and we can have a chat :D

Hello Gord,

I am sorry that you have not taken up any of my numerous offers to come here to be shown first hand that we are correct about the fuelling issues. The offer is still open to you.

The issue regarding Raj's car reached closure on another thread. There were issues with his car which he was not prepared to continue dealing with so we offered him his money back as this was the most sympathetic and professional thing that we could do.

The parts removed from Raj's car are installed on another car and are working as expected without any issues.

If you really feel the need to be a spokesperson for someone you think has not been treated well by a Trader, please PM me for some names that may want your help.

Thank you :)

MacRS200 i think the thing your forgetting is that prolex has to have LOC as its is the main base to sell off where as TDI sell wide and far, im not saying that Dave is threatened but it seems like the people swaying towards him are trying to defend back him up for some reason, when he's doing just fine on his own, many products being as cheap or cheaper than TDI with great customer service.

I have no idea why some people are trying to grill TDI because (for example the manifold thread) if someone is going to buy a product cost 600-700 quid with out knowing all the facts, to be honest thats there fault if they get the worst product, everyone whos been on here knows, yes mike INCLUDING you know that TDI dont like releasing data without 100% solid proof if you dont like it dont try and antagonise the situation by trying to make them look bad. Prolex have sometime released products without getting proof of power etc but know one has seemd to care and have waited patiently for results.

Thats the problem mike

Also if people want SEMI proof of dyno for the manifold, Fever (sorry to drag into this) had the manifold on his car BUT with some other bits and bob the proof was there so TDI posted up.

well this thread has certainly made for an interesting read :yawn::blink:

but my 2pence worth if you will...........

..........I believe that for any trader to make a claim regarding performance enhancement products for any car, quantitative data MUST be provided. i'm a chemist, i work with reactions on a day to day basis and i can't say i've synthesised a novel compound without backing it up both qualitatively AND quantitatively........otherwise i'll get shot down in flames...big style!!!

Maybe TDi should have thought about providing dyno data etc before claiming performance improvements, but thats up to him at the end of the day!!! But if any trader does not deem it necessary to make this data available than IMO questions are right to be asked.

As for any comments on "do you need an IS200 manifold....i think not"........well, i've posted on many threads about things i probably will not ever buy, but am genuinely interested. everyone wants to learn a little more and maybe some peoples curiosity is not understood or appreciated by everyone.

Personally, i don't know a great deal about the technicalities involved in modifying cars (engines, exhausts, etc), but am more than willing to learn and try to take as much info from LOC as possible. i find it extremely beneficial when other members question a product because otherwise, people such as myself, could easily be drawn to its so-called 'benefits.'

well, thats just my opinion ;)

Hello Gord,

I am sorry that you have not taken up any of my numerous offers to come here to be shown first hand that we are correct about the fuelling issues. The offer is still open to you.

The issue regarding Raj's car reached closure on another thread. There were issues with his car which he was not prepared to continue dealing with so we offered him his money back as this was the most sympathetic and professional thing that we could do.

The parts removed from Raj's car are installed on another car and are working as expected without any issues.

If you really feel the need to be a spokesperson for someone you think has not been treated well by a Trader, please PM me for some names that may want your help.

Hi Mark

As you know, i know 1st hand what was and was not done to Raj's car (seen for myself) not some sort of someone telling me, as some tails can and do get made-up about traders.

For Raj to spend more than 5k for injectors, well you both did the right thing, and Raj learned a expensive lesson. But i now think most on here are getting the pic 5k for injectors you DONT NEED.

If anyone is having problems, please feel free to pop-up and see Steve, as im sure he can/will try to help in anyway he can.

As ive said to you B4 Mark, the next time you are at TDI north, let me know, if on the next trip to the ring, we have time to pop in, and you are in ? we will. think its April next year sometime.

TBH as a reletivly new member, this thread and the issues it relates to really are boring....

i can understand that people want quantative data to back up claims, but i really dont want to read this sort of crap everytime someone release's a product...

I suppose i could not read the threads but then im not keeping upto date.

Hello Gord,

Hi Mark

As you know, i know 1st hand what was and was not done to Raj's car (seen for myself) not some sort of someone telling me, as some tails can and do get made-up about traders.

For Raj to spend more than 5k for injectors, well you both did the right thing, and Raj learned a expensive lesson. But i now think most on here are getting the pic 5k for injectors you DONT NEED.

If anyone is having problems, please feel free to pop-up and see Steve, as im sure he can/will try to help in anyway he can.

As ive said to you B4 Mark, the next time you are at TDI north, let me know, if on the next trip to the ring, we have time to pop in, and you are in ? we will. think its April next year sometime.

Gord,

With all due respect, the fuelling issue has been done to death. I am confident that our validation processes are among the best in this country and that we have thoroughly evaluated this issue. I am very sorry if you disagree and hope that we can change your mind one day.

I am hoping to spend a few days at TDi North in the near future.

All the best.

Hello Gord,

Hi Mark

Gord,

With all due respect, the fuelling issue has been done to death. I am confident that our validation processes are among the best in this country and that we have thoroughly evaluated this issue. I am very sorry if you disagree and hope that we can change your mind one day.

All the best.

As you seem to consider yourself

Nuff said on the fuelling, i have made my point, it DONT work, when you just fit manifold to supercharged or standard car . Intresting validation process you have Mark.

Hello Gord,

Hi Mark

Gord,

All the best.

Nuff said on the fuelling, i have made my point, it DONT work, when you just fit manifold to supercharged or standard car . Intresting validation process you have Mark.

I think enough will be said after you have come and seen for yourself Gord. Hope to see you soon.

Hello Gord,

Hi Mark

Gord,

All the best.

I think enough will be said after you have come and seen for yourself Gord. Hope to see you soon.

I have seen your work/efforts 1st hand, as i said in previous posts. so if and when i pass, i wll pop-in, in the meantime i will buy the eggs.

I have seen your work/efforts 1st hand, as i said in previous posts. so if and when i pass, i wll pop-in, in the meantime i will buy the eggs.

Gord, I am sorry to say that it is not a case of "if and when i pass, I will pop in". Validation is a lengthy and complex process which needs to be booked in weeks in advance due to our work load, and has to coincide with a client that has ordered this upgrade.

Please explain your statement ""in the meantime i will buy the eggs". Thanks.

Not withstanding that you have clear commercial motives for your comments, it is also clear that whilst you are in the brewing industry you have outspoken views on the capabilities of professional companies in the specialist automotive industry. This being the case, please share your opinions on the use of "Scotchlocks" and crimps for the installation of sensitive electronic components. Please find attached a couple of pictures of bad wiring that was "professionally" done on an LOC members car, that we rectified by using simple industry standard methodology. Thanks.

gallery_1103_214_393256.jpg

gallery_1103_214_26680.jpg

Ok Mark

The next time you are fitting you bigger injectors into a supercharged is200 with manifold mod, please let me know and steve and myself and the guy that does the mapping will attend :D

The eggs, to see who gets it in the face :lol: you not herd the one '' egg on your face '' ?

As for the wiring, when i come down, you will/can see that 99% of all the wiring that i have done to my car (dvd, defi, fog lights mod) ) has been done with solder :D

Their you go again, My commercial motives :D I dont have any :D as you say, i work in a brewery. The only other income i get is from property rental.

Im not trying to sell anybody anything, ''YOU ARE'' i am only saying that you dont need the bigger injectors when you have you is200 supercharged with after market manifold, now i think that why im coming down, so you can show us that we do, is it not ?

Some people seem to think that i have ago at all your new products, not true, is said you new manifold looks nice, it will, im sure give extra bhp. some of your services that you offer i Q, as i/anyone has the right to. As i have said to you B4, you must do some good work, or you would be out of work.

People come on here shouting about the good work you have just done for them, well good for them, payed you for a service you did it right, customer happy, all well.

But when you get things wrong, and people say something, the post is closed, 10% are given, thay have commercial motives and so on.

Now when i 1st went to JAE 2004 and herd some members slagging you work off, i thought is it true or are thay making things up ? over the years most things that was said about you, by serveral members have come true over time.

The one thing that i have seen, that you say you dont do, is file numbers of injectors that you sell, but you do, dont now why ?

I will look forward to coming to see for myself what you do.

Thanks Gord