Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Child Car Seat

Pokemon

Hi everybody,

I just bought a new IS250. As I have a baby boy who is about 9kg, I am wondering if anybody can give me recommendation on child car seat.

I have gone through some of the posts here and I am a bit concerned that some of the child car seats may not be fitted properly due to its size or the length of the safety belt, etc.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I would recommend the Maxi-cosi Priory Fix. Maxi-Cosi regularly come top of the safety charts. This seat also comes with the isofix fittings so doesn't not need to be attached to the seat belts in the IS250. The chair is from 9kg-18kg = 9 month to 4 years. It costs £199 and is expensive for a car seat but it's a small price to pay for the safety of your child. (and it looks awesome too). :D

http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/Maxi-Cosi_Pri...eflection2.html

Lexus also have car seats available. It may be worth popping into the dealership and having a chat with them.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/i...s_interior1.asp

My youngest has the Maxi Cosi one but without the isofix fitments. Fits in the car no problems and without the isofix is closer to £100 from mothercare.

The only seatbelt problem you get is with rear facing seats as it has to wrap around the chair, if you have one of these and are struggling then the only option is putting in the front and switching the airbag off.

I have the Cosifix Isofix system and the base which is seperate from the chair itself never moves. It clicks in to the Isofix clips in the back of the seat and the base holds itself up with the arm that is put into the footwell. When you put the chair in and take it out it clips into the base and therefore keeps the leather on the seats untouched.

I'm not sure about the seats that do not have the base. I opted for the base as I was concerned like you that the child seat going directly onto the leather could damage it over time.

I have the Cosifix Isofix system and the base which is seperate from the chair itself never moves. It clicks in to the Isofix clips in the back of the seat and the base holds itself up with the arm that is put into the footwell. When you put the chair in and take it out it clips into the base and therefore keeps the leather on the seats untouched.

I'm not sure about the seats that do not have the base. I opted for the base as I was concerned like you that the child seat going directly onto the leather could damage it over time.

My beige leather was taking a beating from my old set-up. Lots of black particles had started forming under the seat. I went to Halfords and bought a protective mat for about £10. It works really well has tonnes of traction and protects my leather.

Go to www.halfords.com and type in "Grip-it Mat" into the search engine

Hi everybody,

I just bought a new IS250. As I have a baby boy who is about 9kg, I am wondering if anybody can give me recommendation on child car seat.

I have gone through some of the posts here and I am a bit concerned that some of the child car seats may not be fitted properly due to its size or the length of the safety belt, etc.

I use a Britax Duo Isofix - perfect fit, nice size.

And I put it on a Grip-It mat to protect the leather - I bought mine online somewhere but I think someone has already pointed out you can get them from Halfords.

Mark

The Britax Duo Isofix is great.

The Fair Bimbofix G0/1 is good too but has a leg instead of a top tether.

Don't get the Lexus one - it is just a dearer Britax Duo Isofix.

Does the new IS have a top tether anchorage?

Does it have ALR rear seat belts that 'ratchet' if yiou pull them right out first?

Does it have ALR rear seat belts that 'ratchet' if yiou pull them right out first?

The 250 does have the top tether but to be honest I do not use it because the car seat fits perfects, and I cannot see how it would possibly rotate forwards on impact as it's such a tight fit. That's what the top tether is for, to prevent the seat from rotating forwards using the ISOFIX attachments as rotation points.

On the IS200, which I used to have, it was an awful fit, so much so that I never bothered with ISOFIX and used the seat belt mode instead for the Britax ISOFIX Duo.

They have clearly got it right with the new car.

Mark

Hi everybody,

I've just gone with a Britax Isofix - the Maxi Cosi website said that their Isofix seat is not tested in the new Lexus.

Very happy with the Britax.

Yes it does have seat belts that "ratchet" when they are pulled all the way out.

I have the Cosifix Cabriofix on the Isofox base and it fits fine. You also get plastic protectors to slide into the spaces that the ISOfix goes into so you don't damage the leather when sliding the base in and out. The base itself has red and green clip displays to show whether the seat is fitted correctly. I spoke to Cosifix and they said that as long as the displays are green, the base is fixed in position as it only shows green wen the clips are locked. They also said that they will be testing the fitments of the cosifix on the IS250 soon which basically just checks to see if it fits.

When the cosifix is in the base itself the front seat has to be moved forwards to get the seat in so there is not the usual legroom. Is anyone finding that with the Brittax?

OK, I have finally bought the Maxi Cosi Priorifix.

I have the following to report :

1. The installation is not as easy as I was LED to believe because the limited rear space of the car does not give you much room to move around and the fact that this seat is bloody heavy!

2. Because of the small headroom of the IS model, I suspect my kid's head will hit the roof before he is one year old (he is currently 5 months old).

3. This car seat has a support leg and so I had been worrying sick when I tried to move the seat inside the car that I might accidentally hit the paintwork of the car with the support leg.

Moral of the story, try other car seat without a support leg (like Brittax). I also think that for a car with limited rear space like the IS, installation would a lot easier by using the seat belt rather than the ISOFIX thingy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links