Sign in to follow this  
Greg_P

Noise In The Engine Bay

Hi Guys,

Im looking for a bit of advice here. I have the 3G-SE engine in my tezza and recently a little "Squeek" noise has started to come from the engine bay. Im pretty sure its got to do with the timing belts, or at least coming from the wheel the belts are mounted on.

If I zap it with WD-40 does anyone think this will be an error ?

Should I be concerned ?

Thanks

Would say that it sounds like the drive belts rather than the timing belt.

DON'T SPRAY WITH WD40 it will just make the belts slip, check the tension on both belts and adjust as required.

Oh and I would say nothing to worry about

Edited by MacRS200

now for the next question... I have limited experiance with my head in an engine bay.. but I feel confident that with a manual I can do just about anything, is there a handy link to tell me how to do it ?

mine has a bit of a squeek some mornings, but's fine when the car warms up

like Mac said check the tension

yeah it does go away after a good run, its just that its crept in recently.

I used to have a hilux in south africa which did the same thing and that was due to a bit of corrosion so I was nervous that it could be that, but thinking about it the belts sound more likely.

gatorback V-belts (available in the states) are supposed to be designed in such a way to eliminate squeaking and slipping..

for fast solution to eliminate the squeking sound from the belt, try to apply some wax to the belt....... cheapest and easiest way is to apply a candle towards the belt while its running...... but be careful..... it will eliminate the noise completely...... but for temporary...... heheheh

When it does that, check the tension and see if there any cracks etc... sometimes its just the case it needs more tension. But i'd side on just changing it, only few quid!