Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About To Become A Lexus Owner

RazRazor

Hello, as the title says, im about to become a lexus owner for the first time, im trading in my bmw 3 series, and gettin a IS200 SE.

I've been after one for quite a while, and im finally gettin the baby i've always wanted. . . not bad for being 24 for and only driving for 18months :P

Tho this is my first lexus it wont be the only one in my household, as my mum and dad own an RX300 on a 53 plate, once they got that, i knew i always had to have one!

Im hoping to pick it up Fri/Sat so fingers crossed, will take a few pics and show my new baby off when i do.

I do have one question tho. . im taking out my sub and amp from my BMW, the IS has the standard factory head unit as far as im aware, is it possible to wire up my sub/amp to this? and if so, is this an easy job to do.

many thanks guys, great site

RazRazor

Welcome to LOC mate :D

Don't think it's easy in the SE to change the stereo as you have the amp to bypass and you need to run new cables to the rear speakers etc, there are a few threads in here somewhere but I don't really understand the audio stuff so the other boys will be along in a bit to point you in the right direction :D

It is doable, just not as easy as if you'd bought a bog standard IS200 S, in which case it's proper easy!

Welcome to LOC.

It is possible to do but it is quite involved. As you have the SE there is already and amp behind the glovebox. Think you could use something called a line driver possibly to connect your sub too, but other than that you would need to change the headunit for aftermarket and re wire all the speakers as there is no ISO adapter for the IS200.

TBH, the standard audio is very very good. Wouldn't of thought having an additional sub would make that much difference.

Hi and welcome to the club mate.

The stereo is posible to change as a lot of people on here have done it with the SE / Sport model. Do a search in the car audio section and you should find loads of posts about it.

I managed to change my head unit..... But then mine is "only a bog standard IS200 S" :P

I envy you guys in UK (and other countries) that can afford a Lexus at the age of 24. Here in DK the prices on cars are extremely high due to a 180% tax. Got my IS200 at the beginning of this year - 4 years old with 33k miles on the clock - price tag £28000.

Now I am enjoying the car and saving for the new IS250 but the price tag is just too high for a "normal" working engineer like me. IS250 auto without any packages is £54000 but I want the MM package since you guys say it is so nice but in order to get that I need to buy a comfort package or sports package first so the price tag on an auto + sports + MM ends up at £69000 :duh: I think I have to save money for 20 years ;)

No I can not buy a car in say Germany and bring to DK. I need danish license plates and to get that I have to pay the 180% tax :angry:

well my bmw had full bodyit wheels ect done, but thats coz it needed, this is a work of art as it is!!

I cant find anything i would want to change about it, might get a dump valve put in, but thats all really.

What would u suggest as to modding the car?

well my bmw had full bodyit wheels ect done, but thats coz it needed, this is a work of art as it is!!

I cant find anything i would want to change about it, might get a dump valve put in, but thats all really.

Well if you want a dump valve i suggest you start by installing a turbo.

Perhaps nice subtle TRD skirts, a nice subtle exhaust, lowering springs. Maybe some wheels. The list is endless.

If you think it has some power now wait till you have a ride in a supercharged/turbo'd one. You'll definatly be wanting more then :D

Hello, as the title says, im about to become a lexus owner for the first time, im trading in my bmw 3 series, and gettin a IS200 SE.

RazRazor

welcome mate. good choice of motor..

are you related to our very own RazRankin? :D

Perhaps nice subtle TRD skirts, a nice subtle exhaust, lowering springs. Maybe some wheels. The list is endless.

If you think it has some power now wait till you have a ride in a supercharged/turbo'd one. You'll definatly be wanting more then :D

Turbo and supercharger are completely different animals. There are a couple of turbo kits for sale on here going quite cheap :winky: (PM me if interested ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
I envy you guys in UK (and other countries) that can afford a Lexus at the age of 24. Here in DK the prices on cars are extremely high due to a 180% tax. Got my IS200 at the beginning of this year - 4 years old with 33k miles on the clock - price tag £28000.

Now I am enjoying the car and saving for the new IS250 but the price tag is just too high for a "normal" working engineer like me. IS250 auto without any packages is £54000 but I want the MM package since you guys say it is so nice but in order to get that I need to buy a comfort package or sports package first so the price tag on an auto + sports + MM ends up at £69000 :duh: I think I have to save money for 20 years ;)

No I can not buy a car in say Germany and bring to DK. I need danish license plates and to get that I have to pay the 180% tax :angry:

what? :duh: so does that mean if you buy a car you have to pay a tax which is almost 2 more cars? :o if yes then this is insane... you should move out of denmark