Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat Belts

PaulR

Does anyone know where I can buy the clunk click bit (I mean the silver end of the seatbelt) that fits into the unit by the seat. My seatbelts work, but I don't always wear it about town, or in car parks and so on and need to stop the annoying warning sound somehow

any help would be appreciated

thanks

If you can live with the flashing sealtbelt sign (and want to take your life in your own hands.....) you can disable the beep by doing the following (copied from another post - I would link to it but this is quicker for me than working out how to link)

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

If you can live with the flashing sealtbelt sign (and want to take your life in your own hands.....) you can disable the beep by doing the following (copied from another post - I would link to it but this is quicker for me than working out how to link)

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

Right, I shall try that first thing and see if it works

Thanking you in anticipation

See my next topic, more expert advice needed